July 08, 2024, 09:38:09 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How long do you like your games to be?

Started by ME##, August 21, 2010, 08:29:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Personally, I like mine to be around twelve to twenty hours long.  Of course there are games that I don't mind spending more time in, but for the average game that's how much I like to spend on it.  Any less and it starts to feel like a waste of money and any longer it begins to feel like a waste of time.

Nyerp

long enough for me to play daily for 2 weeks

YPrrrr

Depends how much I like the game, but the Uncharted series seems to have the right idea hocuspocus;

Thyme

I prefer them to be RPG-length, 60 hours or so. But around 10 hours is still in the realm of acceptability.

Of course this excludes multiplayer, but I'm more of a singleplayer gamer to begin with.

Placebo Headwound

Should be at least 20 hours, or else it feels like a waste of money. akudood;

??????

Samus Aran

eh, well it depends on how engaging it is in the first place

i mean if i'm really really into the story and the characters and everything about the game then i'll want it to last like 60 hours or something (or more, preferably)...but even then, that's often counting extra stuff. like, a game can be only so many hours "long" as far as the main story goes, but if i can put in a lot more time doing extra fun stuff, that counts too. like i put about 230 hours into FFTA.

i have nothing against short games if they just happen to be excellent otherwise, of course

less than twenty hours of sheer goodness is still sheer goodness to me

Bushy

A long time.

Like any RPG should be more than 50 hours.

Any action game should be 12-20 hours.

fighting games don't count because of replay value.

Oh games need a lot of replay value too. Even RPG's.
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Hiro

Short games (<15 hours) are annoying, but if they're really well done it's okay (like Uncharted)
If a game is too long (most rpgs) I'll never be able to finish them. myface;
Ideally, I like a game around 25 - 45 hours long. It's long enough to get plenty of enjoyment out of it, you get to play for a good long while, but it's not so long and intimidating that you give up.
I'm kind of slow at playing games though, so a for most these games would be 20-35 hours long.

Infel

It better be 120 hours long or have tonnes of replay value or I don't give a shit.

Classic

Depends on the type of game..

Story driven games need to last 25-50 hours.
Multiplayer, like Mario Kart Wii, doesn't matter. I'll play it until a new one comes out.  hocuspocus;

Acceptability, if the game is good, is 10 hours.

spaceman

Depends on the type of game.

An RPG better keep me occupied for at least 60+ hours.

A shooter/action game for 10-15. These can piss me off for being short if they're not done right, but if they are I can forgive them for being shorter.

Adventure or story driven game should be like 20-25+

This is not taking into account multiplayer. If a game has an 8 hour story but can keep me online for a very long time I don't really care too much.

Commander Fuckass

Non-RPG's longer than 15

RPG's 50 hours( even though I have almost 100hrs in Fallout 3 omgs  giggle;)
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

?????

I don't really care how long since I like multiplayer more than solo anyway.
Die for Dethklok

Hiro

Quote from: TheSequel on August 31, 2010, 09:31:17 PM
I don't really care how long since I like multiplayer more than solo anyway.
i hate you  akudood;

Go Up