July 08, 2024, 09:06:14 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

so i decided to play mass effect again...

Started by Samus Aran, August 10, 2010, 01:14:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

i was having a good time, doing the stuff on Feros, pretty early in the game still, you know...and i get to the point where i'm supposed to use gas grenades to avoid killing hostile Zhu's Hope colonists. well, i kind of wasted a few grenades so i decided to reload my save.

ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THE ELEVATOR I SAVED IN IS A GLITCHY DEATH TRAP

i'm completely stuck. the doors don't open, and trying to simply use the elevator to go back down in order to "reset" the elevator doesn't work. the next screen has been loading for, ohh...about 10 minutes. i have tried and tried. nothing works. i have no earlier save.

research has shown that this elevator problem on Feros has been around since the game was released. Bioware never released a patch for it. never.

THANKS BIOWARE!  n_u

i don't even want to play this game anymore now that i have to restart the whole damn thing  doodthing;

KonohaShinobi

Oh wow, that sucks. I completed Mass Effect twice without running into any game breaking glitches.

Samus Aran

yes it sucks, but i somewhat take back what i said about not wanting to play it. i may start over tonight. at least i wasn't all that far.

on a side-note, do grenades like...regenerate over time or something? because honestly how can i use 5 grenades on 16 colonists?

Placebo Headwound

I actually just completed my second playthrough yesterday because I was bored.

It's a lot more fun to be an asshole than a nice guy. akudood;

spaceman

I got caught in the same bloody fucking elevator on Feros.

My previous save was like 20 minutes before so not a super big deal but it was still terribly annoying

Sorry to hear that :[

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Lain on August 10, 2010, 06:36:51 PM
yes it sucks, but i somewhat take back what i said about not wanting to play it. i may start over tonight. at least i wasn't all that far.

on a side-note, do grenades like...regenerate over time or something? because honestly how can i use 5 grenades on 16 colonists?
No but the colonists are somewhat grouped together, you might end up killing maybe one or two in the process.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

oh wow i forgot i was pissed at this game a while ago

yeah i beat this game like two weeks ago and i did accidentally kill one colonist somehow...not even sure how. most of them i actually took out with melee attacks instead of gas grenades.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Lain on August 27, 2010, 10:06:49 AM
oh wow i forgot i was pissed at this game a while ago

yeah i beat this game like two weeks ago and i did accidentally kill one colonist somehow...not even sure how. most of them i actually took out with melee attacks instead of gas grenades.
On to Mass Effect 2 now right  giggle;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: Crispix on August 27, 2010, 10:14:45 AM
On to Mass Effect 2 now right  giggle;

yes, when i get around to getting it. i'm not sure when that will be. i might wait until my birthday and just get it as a gift since there aren't too many gift items i can think of this year.

Go Up