September 12, 2024, 03:37:22 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Girl Talk

Started by strongbad, July 14, 2010, 07:02:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I know everybody here knows about Girl Talk, so this isn't like one of those topics, but does anybody else ever hear the excerpt that they are used to in a Girl Talk song in it's original form, and realize how much better he made it?

Like today I was at a BBQ and they were playing a lot of shitty rap but whatever and I don't remember what the verse was but I started singing along since I knew it from Girl Talk and this Asian guy was really impressed that I knew the song, since apparently it was relatively unknown and I felt badass

YPrrrr

Usually when I hear some song in Girl Talk I usually feel as though it's been bastardized and ruined n_u

Daddy

girl talk ruins my indie cred

Indigo

Quote from: Khadafi on July 14, 2010, 08:16:41 PM
woah the tealeaves

Yeah a lot of stuff ruins my indie cred  baddood;

Anyways to be on topic Girl Talk is the group I always mix up with Talk Talk but Girl Talk is pretty cool anyways

??????

Quote from: Khadafi on July 14, 2010, 08:16:41 PM
>implying downloading all recent albums is considered to be cred

girl talk strips away original messages embedded in songs ;_;

strongbad

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on July 14, 2010, 09:09:05 PM
girl talk strips away original messages embedded in songs ;_;

In my opinion, Girl Talk really has nothing to do with trying to convey a message to the listener. It's all about creating awesome music that you can dance to or whatever. Whenever I'm listening to it I just want to dance around and have a good time, and no other music really does that to me.

??????

Quote from: Strongbab on July 14, 2010, 09:11:33 PM
In my opinion, Girl Talk really has nothing to do with trying to convey a message to the listener. It's all about creating awesome music that you can dance to or whatever. Whenever I'm listening to it I just want to dance around and have a good time, and no other music really does that to me.
confuseddood;
No other music makes you dance other than Girl Talk? cry;

Daddy

also i wasn't serious

strongbad

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on July 14, 2010, 09:21:21 PM
confuseddood;
No other music makes you dance other than Girl Talk? cry;

Not in the same way. Like yeah a lot of music makes me want to get up and dance, but not nearly to the same extent as Girl Talk. If I ever have a party, I want to playlist to be Feed The Animals (since it's meant to be listened to as one whole song), and it would be the best party ever.

Swift

after i'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satelites, and that's how it's going to be.

Go Up