September 12, 2024, 03:44:13 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Festival band conflicts

Started by spaceman, July 07, 2010, 03:23:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

spaceman

so i'm going to pitchfork in 9 days and i cant decide with these damn conflictions.

- all of broken social scene and decent spot at modest mouse or half of broken social scene and a godly spot at modest mouse

- why? or wolf parade

- Panda Bear and leave half way through and get a decent place at LCD Soundsystem or skip Panda Bear and get up in the front for the wonderful pit dance orgy of LCD Soundsystem

help me boyah, you're my only hope

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

half of bss. Not sure if Johnny Marr is still in MM, but definetly a band worth seeing.

who the fuck are these people. fuck them go see someone else.

Panda Bear is worth seeing. I'd say skip LCD Soundsystem but it's whatevs.

Schedule conflicts suck. I really wanted to see Adrian Belew when I went to the Big Ears festival, but he was playing the same time as the Dirty Projectors. I'm still glad I got to see DP though, shit was off da chain.

Andria

All of BSS then a not totally great spot for MM. That way you get to hear all of their stuff.  Then the pit sounds better for LCD soundsystem

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: fluxus on July 07, 2010, 03:23:57 PM
so i'm going to pitchfork in 9 days and i cant decide with these damn conflictions.

- all of broken social scene and decent spot at modest mouse or half of broken social scene and a godly spot at modest mouse

All of BSS, decent at Modest Mouse
- why? or wolf parade

Why?

Quote- Panda Bear and leave half way through and get a decent place at LCD Soundsystem or skip Panda Bear and get up in the front for the wonderful pit dance orgy of LCD Soundsystem

Dance Pit Orgy
help me boyah, you're my only hope
[/quote]

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

C.Mongler

>Modest Mouse baller spot
>Why?
>LCD Soundsystem Baller spot

Placebo Headwound

-I'd go with all of BSS.

-Definitely Why? You shouldn't even have to ask about this one. akudood;

-LCD, Panda Bear's solo stuff bores me.

YPrrrr

Could someone please post some good LCD because they seem good once their songs get about 6 minutes in but I don't have the time to spend 10 minutes a song deciding whether or not I like it

spaceman

Quote from: YPR on July 10, 2010, 11:26:14 PM
Could someone please post some good LCD because they seem good once their songs get about 6 minutes in but I don't have the time to spend 10 minutes a song deciding whether or not I like it

Be a real man and listen to whole albums.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: fluxus on July 10, 2010, 11:38:26 PM

Second. Sound of Silver is crazy fun to just pull tracks out of, but everything together becomes something special. "All My Friends" is awesome, but "All My Friends" after "Someone Great" before "Us v. Them" is better, is what I'm saying. Give it a shot, Ipper.  giggle;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

YPrrrr

Quote from: fluxus on July 10, 2010, 11:38:26 PM
I don't have hours to sit through entire albums to decide whether or not I like them akudood;

Obviously you're right but I don't have the patience if I'm not feeling it after a few songs
Quote from: Sheets are Swaying on July 11, 2010, 12:56:41 AM
Second. Sound of Silver is crazy fun to just pull tracks out of, but everything together becomes something special. "All My Friends" is awesome, but "All My Friends" after "Someone Great" before "Us v. Them" is better, is what I'm saying. Give it a shot, Ipper.  giggle;
Oh ok... I've actually heard a bunch of those but never in any order. Maybe they'll work better in a group

spaceman

Quote from: YPR on July 11, 2010, 11:04:52 AM
I don't have hours to sit through entire albums to decide whether or not I like them akudood;

Invest time in your music, it's not like it's a chore to listen to them.

Quote from: YPR on July 11, 2010, 11:04:52 AM
Obviously you're right but I don't have the patience if I'm not feeling it after a few songsOh ok... I've actually heard a bunch of those but never in any order. Maybe they'll work better in a group

That's why they're albums silly

YPrrrr

Quote from: fluxus on July 11, 2010, 03:18:14 PM
Invest time in your music, it's not like it's a chore to listen to them.
It's a chore if I don't like it

C.Mongler

YPrrrr

Quote from: C Mongler on July 11, 2010, 06:48:05 PM
then you're doing it wrong
I don't understand how you would decide if you like an album other than sitting down and listening through it confuseddood;

If someone suggests something to me how else am I supposed to gain an opinion huhdoodame;

spaceman

Quote from: YPR on July 11, 2010, 07:00:04 PM
I don't understand how you would decide if you like an album other than sitting down and listening through it confuseddood;

If someone suggests something to me how else am I supposed to gain an opinion huhdoodame;

If you think listening to new music to expand your horizons of what you like is a chore, regardless of rather you like it or not, then you obviously don't like music.

Go Up