July 08, 2024, 09:23:20 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Yoshi Story - Love or Hate?

Started by Volvagia, July 03, 2010, 08:21:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Volvagia

A lot of people seem to really hate this game, probably because it's so easy. But I love it, the music more than anything else, but the gameplay is fun and enjoyable too... So what if you can't play through each world in every chapter in one sitting? That's the fun in it - replay value. More levels, more fun... etc...

I LOVE the jungle hut music in this game... I dunno though I only have two friends irl that like this game the rest hate it ;~;

Your opinions on this game?

HAVE SOME WONDERFUL YOSHI STORY MUSIC TO TAKE WITH YOU WHILST POSTING.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=EaXQGXCIZC4&playnext_from=TL&videos=h195C1gwZB0[/youtube]

Dullahan

Love it.

But I think part of it is because Yoshi is my favourite video game character. And this game, despite it being so easy and short, really built Yoshi's character up for future generations. That, and the atmosphere was really nice in this game and was really fitting for the type of game it was.

It still doesn't compare to Yoshi's Island though.

Andrios

I loved it so so much, but have never told anyone else before. =)

rdl

I hated it. Doesn't it lack a save function entirely? I never actually played the game, my brother did, but it looked boring and anytime I played it felt boring. I should probably replay it though, just for the nostalgia.

Yoshi's Island is one of my favorite games.

Nyerp

Geno

Quote from: FDR on July 03, 2010, 10:08:18 PM
I hated it. Doesn't it lack a save function entirely? I never actually played the game, my brother did, but it looked boring and anytime I played it felt boring. I should probably replay it though, just for the nostalgia.

Uh no you can save.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Volvagia

Quote from: FDR on July 03, 2010, 10:08:18 PM

It auto-saves after every chapter.

Nyerp

oh that reminds me i think i had a dream about yoshi's island last night

Classic

Thyme

Samus Aran

I enjoy it for what it is, but I wish it could have been more. Yoshi's Island outclasses it ridiculously. But it is certainly not "bad" in any way. Just not anything more than "good."

??????

I hated it because I've had high expectations for it.
The designing of it was too comforting for my tastes, and I didn't like the graphic styles they've used in the game--it made it seem boring.  akudood;

Minus;

I never knew what that 74 was for? or that little star area thing, anyone care to enlighten me?

Thyme

Quote from: Minus; on July 04, 2010, 07:03:28 PM
I never knew what that 74 was for? or that little star area thing, anyone care to enlighten me?

That's about 3 Mario platformers behind, but whatever. n_u

At the end of each level you could jump between those two striped bars. The height of your jump gave you a number and they would add up. You get a life every time you get 100.

ME##

I remember playing it as a little kid, but I don't remember much of it. befuddlement

Go Up