August 20, 2024, 09:51:40 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

RECENTLY DELETED LOL

Started by ??????, June 27, 2010, 09:19:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

??????

Discuss Artists you've deleted off your computer, forever.
I decided to listen to all of my artists, as I've only been listening to the same constant 20 and was neglecting everyone else. (Somehow, I have around 2,100 artists that aren't even played on my iPod)

Turns out the majority of any artist staring with the letter A/B were deleted.

Thyme

ahshshj

??????

Quote from: Thyme on June 27, 2010, 09:24:46 PM
I keep everything. >.<
I'd keep anything, but because of such I no longer have room on my iPod for the other albums I have. :'(
How would I listen to my precious drone/ambient/pretentious shit? cry;

Speaking of which, Socks said the collisions from the LHC are being translated into sound, and they sound so beautiful.

strongbad

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on June 27, 2010, 09:19:06 PM
Discuss Artists you've deleted off your computer, forever.
I decided to listen to all of my artists, as I've only been listening to the same constant 20 and was neglecting everyone else. (Somehow, I have around 2,100 artists that aren't even played on my iPod)

Turns out the majority of any artist staring with the letter A/B were deleted.

How do you have so much music baddood;
I have like 110 artists.

??????

Quote from: Strongbab on June 27, 2010, 10:17:59 PM
How do you have so much music baddood;
I have like 110 artists.
Studying with Felt the musical world of electronica.

Indigo

3OH!3

I gave them a chance for some reason

?????

System of a Down.... some other band that I forgot about already
Die for Dethklok

mouse parade

snorkel

LCD Soundsystem's new album. Fucking shit

Every few months I comb my library to correct tags and eliminate pointless things, the most recent purge was a bunch of random classic rock that I have no interest in, and 10s of early- and mid-00s indie albums (I liked Franz Ferdinand and Gorillaz and that whole wave, but not much of it lasts).

Lots of metal has left, and tons of Nintendo-related stuff (hundreds of tracks of sountracks and remixed game soundtracks, I kept the OoT ones).

In terms of shit people would be like 'how could you' about, I've purged lots of classic rock/progressive (mostly krautrock and 70s rock); I've deleted some of Flaming Lips albums (among others) before because they're only just good enough to keep around for the few best songs. I refuse to entertain, for example, the presence of Weezer's recent work, because it's entirely unlikable and will hopefully never find a good occasion to be played.

I prize my library though, right now it's 700-900 (not exactly sure) artists and 13,000 thoughtfully chosen tracks. My grand plans are to a) get everything in lossless for nice speakers and b) tag everything's genre extremely accurately (eg Electronic/House/Deep House) for awesome smart playlists

[hedy]Zidone

Terrible country/soft rock/arena rock I acquired and tagged for family members, e.g. Journey and Eagles.

also yezda urfa because the files were corrupt in an odd way
and la roux, that shit sucked

Swift

after i'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satelites, and that's how it's going to be.

??????

Quote from: ZIDONE on June 30, 2010, 04:02:26 PM
Terrible country/soft rock/arena rock I acquired and tagged for family members, e.g. Journey and Eagles.

also yezda urfa because the files were corrupt in an odd way
and la roux, that shit sucked
2deep4u
I hated La Roux as well. ;_;
I THOUGHT IT'D BE COOL LIKE A MIX OF MADONNA W/ DEPECHE MODE

Andrios

I deleted rammstein because I absolutely hate them.  My husband used to like them, but I think my fervent hate rubbed off on him, so they are all gone =)

Clodius

I don't have any songs on my computer for my personal pleasure or that I listen to.  I only listen to music when I want to stifle some noise that's bothering me or when I'm in the car listening to the radio, which is on some radio station that plays anything mainstream. 

Go Up