September 12, 2024, 03:43:21 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

New Futurama Episodes

Started by Nyerp, June 27, 2010, 12:08:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Quote from: Strongbab on August 06, 2010, 01:43:03 PM
When the lolcats reference or whatever came up I was really tempted to stop watching

me too awdood;

same with the stupid fucking scene where the cats "celebrated"

Nyerp

...how exactly do robots evolve?

and why was zoidberg angry at cubert at the end of the episode?

god this show sucks

Samus Aran

yeah that episode was kind of dumb, and yet another HILARIOUS MEME REFERENCE XD

stupid flying spaghetti monster

the main reason i disliked it, actually, is it just lacked those small, funny, one-shot jokes that the show's humor used to benefit from

it's like the formula for the humor just changed

Nyerp

can you give an example of said jokes?

the show's soundtrack seems to have changed a little too

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Nyerp on August 12, 2010, 08:29:10 PM
can you give an example of said jokes?
Pretty much anything that comes out of Fry's mouth.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ME##

Fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix itââ,¬Â¦ fix it, fix it, fix it!

;_;

Nyerp

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on August 12, 2010, 10:27:42 PM
Pretty much anything that comes out of Fry's mouth.

oh i see, and i agree

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on August 12, 2010, 10:46:45 PM
Fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix itââ,¬Â¦ fix it, fix it, fix it!

;_;

lol

Nyerp

you know what, i really hate jokes like "OOPS I CUT ONE OF MY FINGERS OFF" and "UH-OH IT'S ANOTHER ONE OF FRY'S DOGS"

they're not funny at all and are really really cheap and are sadly half of the show's humor now

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on August 12, 2010, 10:58:10 PM
you know what, i really hate jokes like "OOPS I CUT ONE OF MY FINGERS OFF" and "UH-OH IT'S ANOTHER ONE OF FRY'S DOGS"

they're not funny at all and are really really cheap and are sadly half of the show's humor now

that's what i mean, those little jokes like that - they're failed imitation of the show's old little jokes, which were great

Classic

Good thing I decided to not get back into it.

strongbad

The thing about Futurama humor is that it used to rely on almost no pop culture references and just funny shit. Everything Fry, Zoidberg, the Professor, and sometimes Bender usually cracked me up, just because it was fucking funny. I'm not saying that there didn't used to be all the pop culture references bullshit, but the show didn't used to rely on them for it's humor. Now it seems like it relies on them almost exclusively.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Strongbab on August 13, 2010, 09:29:03 AM
The thing about Futurama humor is that it used to rely on almost no pop culture references and just funny shit. Everything Fry, Zoidberg, the Professor, and sometimes Bender usually cracked me up, just because it was fucking funny. I'm not saying that there didn't used to be all the pop culture references bullshit, but the show didn't used to rely on them for it's humor. Now it seems like it relies on them almost exclusively.

Not to mention that when the show used to make pop culture references, they were usually good.

Patrick Stickles

uh i still like everything about new futurama
What the fuck was it for anyway?

strongbad

Quote from: Lain on August 13, 2010, 11:03:28 AM
Not to mention that when the show used to make pop culture references, they were usually good.

this too

6M69I69B9

While going through the channels, I saw Futurama on and only saw one of the new episodes.  I only watch this show if there's nothing else to watch and it didn't appeal to me like how they didn't before.  So, I guess it was just below average like always. 

Quote from: dead is dr scholls on June 27, 2010, 02:06:28 PM
It will never be as good as it use to be. awdood;

I cried during this episode. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Bark)

I did, too. 
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Go Up