October 01, 2024, 02:24:43 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ok a reminder about sigs and avatars

Started by Daddy, June 18, 2010, 03:14:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

make sure they don't total up to more than 1MB.

i'm getting sick of loading pages with sigs or avatars that are more than 2 fucking megabytes, with several per page. if i see them i will be removing them and if i find that you replaced the removed sig or avatar I'll remove it again and make sure you can't change it back again.

There's no need for images that huge. Especially when they're GIFs. Having a bunch of those per page gets annoying when I have other shit running and boyah rapes my browser

??????

tl;dr
EVERYONE BE LIKE CLUCKY AND SLIM WHO HAVE SIMPLISTIC SIGNATURES AND AVATARS

Dullahan

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on June 18, 2010, 03:52:32 PM
tl;dr
EVERYONE BE LIKE CLUCKY AND SLIM WHO HAVE SIMPLISTIC SIGNATURES AND AVATARS
NO YOUR SIG SUCKS

Cookie

C.Mongler

Mando Pandango

Alright good, I'm in the clear.

Thanks for clearing this up, JMV.

EDIT: FUCK, IT RESIZED MY SIG. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HILARIOUS I TELL YOU. HILARIOUS.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Martin

Andria

Bushy

I don't even have a signature

That you can prove
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Daddy

ok removed  few more today

still doesn't do much about people posting huge fucking gifs (sam's kinect thread with a 5+mb gif, combined with ther 1.8mb sig)

That alone takes an absurd amount of time to load a thread on fucking FIOS just to load the first post when I don't have the images cached.

or the e3 thread where volvagia's sig was 3mb, then there was a gif that tec quoted by fluxus and about 3 youtube videos on that page.

holy fuck it's as if I need to close a majority of the other sites i'm on when browsing boyah because so many of you dont have common sense  akudood;

??????

just disable viewing sigs/avatars you cunt

are you cool enough  akudood;

Daddy

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on June 19, 2010, 12:59:52 PM
just disable viewing sigs/avatars you cunt

are you cool enough  akudood;
then how could i enforce rules about not being a douchebag?

I mean i'm not being like nsider where they had some shitty 100kb limit or whatever. People get up to 1mb. Popy's avatar doesn't even use a 10th of that so it's very easy not to be obnoxious akudood;

If it takes 1+ seconds to load your sig and avatar on a 16-20mbps connection then that is just ridiculous confuseddood;

??????

Daddy

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on June 19, 2010, 01:15:01 PM
3 seconds is such a long time cry;

For a single post yes

if you weren't so retarded you'd realize that there are other posts in a thread.

though really with fios 3 seconds is too long for most webpages. single posts just makes that absurd

??????

for me all posts show up less than a second  bassir;

HUEHUEHEUHUE

Go Up