September 24, 2024, 10:17:56 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyah IRC Chat.

Started by BlackDS, June 07, 2010, 06:13:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BlackDS

I know there are chat threads, but I think It would be a lot more fun for Boyah to have its own IRC channel.

I heard that http://www.badnik.net/ would be a good place to get one of those things.

Good idea? bad Idea?

[move]philip;[/move]

FAMY2

I thought there was one already. 

Daddy

We do. no one ever uses it

Samus Aran

we've tried this several times

it's fun at first for a while but then nobody goes anymore and there's no point

bluaki

Boyah's had an IRC chat at irc.chatspike.net in #dhitboyay

But every time it's mentioned, people stay in it at most a couple days after that and then it becomes empty for months.

strongbad

We just need to get members to keep mIRC running in the background. Once you can get in the habbit of doing so, IRC is a lot more fun, since you always have people to talk to.

YPrrrr

I would have done it had I ever figured out how to get it to work

strongbad

I vote that somebody (Bluaki) makes an instructional thread on how to get it working through mIRC, and then members just keep it in the background, so if you're on the computer, you're in Boyah IRC. Hell, you could even do it through pidgin, which is just as easy.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Strongbab on June 07, 2010, 06:50:46 PM
I vote that somebody (Bluaki) makes an instructional thread on how to get it working through mIRC, and then members just keep it in the background, so if you're on the computer, you're in Boyah IRC. Hell, you could even do it through pidgin, which is just as easy.

Why mIRC? Are you clientist? madood;

But yeah the only problem with that is that we lose activity on the forums when people are on IRC a lot.

bluaki

Just set any IRC client to the server "stitch.chatspike.net" and the channel "#dhitboyay".

In Pidgin, you have to add an account for IRC and leave its password field blank then use the buddy list's join chat dialog.

In XChat (or YChat, its free Windows version), just select ChatSpike from the Network list and join the channel. On the chance that you have a connection issue, edit ChatSpike's entry in the list to something like this: [spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Strongbab on June 07, 2010, 06:50:46 PM
mIRC sucks and is overcomplicated, not to mention it's a non-free nagging trial. If you don't like Pidgin, I'd suggest trying XChat (Windows link)

spaceman

I leave my IRC client running whenever I'm online so I'll be in there if other people are.

strongbad

Quote from: Lain on June 07, 2010, 08:09:18 PM
Why mIRC? Are you clientist? madood;

But yeah the only problem with that is that we lose activity on the forums when people are on IRC a lot.

Oh idk that's just all i've ever used and all I've ever been told to use.

Alright I am going to stay signed on in pidgin now. Everybody else should do the same.

don't let's

BlackDS

You guys got me now, The Savior of all inactive forums  :3

We are gonna be the now SA with me here.
But seriously, an IRC would be cool, even if there is like two duders there at once.  cjlubdoods;

[move]philip;[/move]

Sync

There's no one in there except bluaki, cookie, and myself. ;__;

Go Up