August 20, 2024, 08:49:16 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I Made a Demo

Started by the shortest route to the sea, June 03, 2010, 09:19:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

It's supposedly an album, the senior project that I worked on for the last 5 weeks. There are 11 songs and it's 42 minutes, so it's pretty eclectic in that nature. A lot of it was very intentionally arranged and structured, and a lot of it was improvised; I think that's a good thing in music, but I had very little control over what I was doing. Equipment-wise, I had trouble too. So it's a rushed, played-to-fast, awkwardly cut, violent and somewhat crazed attempt in a line of many. Hence, Stabs.

I'd love to hear what you think.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mxdynujed2j

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Andria

Downloading it now. I will be sure to tell you what I think when I listen to it later tonight  happydood;

Andria

PQQU that was rather enjoyable. I loved Martha My Dear and the album cover  :3 nice work!

spaceman

Downloading now, looking forward to it.    happydood;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Hey awesome! Been looking forward to hearing some of your more organized stuff.
It might be a little bit until I get to listen to it as a whole though.

And as far as the lack of equipment goes, if you're able to make something even semi-cohesive with very little, that's an accomplishment in itself. Plus, it lets the listener excuse the occasional mishap.  giggle;

I know you've gone into it a little bit in the past, but I've love to know exactly what kind of gear you're working with.

*If the rest is as good as the prelude is, I should be set. Super nice piano tone. Kind of reminds me of that Jon Brion vibe from  eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Techo 1/2 on June 04, 2010, 01:35:01 PM
PQQU that was rather enjoyable. I loved Martha My Dear and the album cover  :3 nice work!

I made the cover at work, I've always miade doodles like that and the kiosk is BORRING. Martha my dear was the most fun for me by far.

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on June 04, 2010, 07:43:20 PM
Hey awesome! Been looking forward to hearing some of your more organized stuff.
It might be a little bit until I get to listen to it as a whole though.

And as far as the lack of equipment goes, if you're able to make something even semi-cohesive with very little, that's an accomplishment in itself. Plus, it lets the listener excuse the occasional mishap.  giggle;

I know you've gone into it a little bit in the past, but I've love to know exactly what kind of gear you're working with.

*If the rest is as good as the prelude is, I should be set. Super nice piano tone. Kind of reminds me of that Jon Brion vibe from  eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

Organized is not the word I'd use, this was still pretty rushed and insane.

Tascam DP-01, two AS-400 AudioSpectrum vocal mics, an old bass and a casio SK-1. I did the piano by putting the mics right into the resonating chamber (upright, and pointing it to the strings...the result is a weak but defined sound with certain accents around G. Most of the album is in G, so it's perfect! What's your setup, you?

My favorite cuts are Prelude, Like Someone in Love, Martha My Dear, and WAHTSALLFO. Let me know what you think!

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

?????

I'd listen to it if I could stream it. Can't you upload songs to last.fm? Do it.
Die for Dethklok

Go Up