October 17, 2024, 12:26:45 PM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I bought some weights today.

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, May 03, 2010, 01:30:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

How long til them ladies start throwing themselves at me? I'm kinda hoping with the next three days. Carrying the weights to the jeep was had to have added like 5 inches to my arms.

ME##

They'll start flocking to you tomorrow. baddood;

Travis

snorkel

I love that tense

I was had to have skiing yesterday, but then sharks were have been attacked me!

rdl

make sure you eat like a pig, otherwise nothing will happen. personally i've given up on weights, calisthenics are more practical and cheaper and work better.

strongbad

I've been lifting twice a week for about a month and I've noticed really dramatic improvements in my arms, chest, and abs. This is probably because I've never lifted before this, and because I am skinny as fuck.

C.Mongler

ive been using 35 pound dumbells every day for like 2 months and i dont notice shit

?????

Quote from: C Mongler on May 03, 2010, 05:29:30 PM
ive been using 35 pound dumbells every day for like 2 months and i dont notice shit
Do more reps? How many reps are you doing right now? I think you should move to more weight. Also when you get stronger what happens is that your muscle breaks down and rebuilds in order to be able to take the strain you're putting on it. You need to eat properly and get enough sleep if you plan on seeing results.
Die for Dethklok

rdl

if he wants to get bigger arms he'll need to up the weight and do only a few reps per set (like, 5 or 6). but he probably already knows that.

C.Mongler

Quote from: TheSequel on May 03, 2010, 05:45:42 PM
Do more reps? How many reps are you doing right now? I think you should move to more weight. Also when you get stronger what happens is that your muscle breaks down and rebuilds in order to be able to take the strain you're putting on it. You need to eat properly and get enough sleep if you plan on seeing results.

i can only do like 5 at a time they is heavies :( but i do like 400 5 at a times

?????

May 03, 2010, 06:58:39 PM #10 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:37:18 PM by TheSequel
What do you mean you do 400 5 at a times?

Maybe you're doing the exercise wrong or the wrong exercise? Make sure you're doing it right, or move on to something more challenging.
Die for Dethklok

Slim

May 03, 2010, 07:00:04 PM #11 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:03:20 PM by Slim
Quote from: FDR on May 03, 2010, 04:49:22 PM
make sure you eat like a pig, otherwise nothing will happen. personally i've given up on weights, calisthenics are more practical and cheaper and work better.

No, they're not better at building muscle. That's what you're going for, right?

Quote from: C Mongler on May 03, 2010, 06:31:29 PM
i can only do like 5 at a time they is heavies :( but i do like 400 5 at a times

:|

We're talking about curls here, right? Only do three sets per workout and only workout 3-4 times per week (your workouts should really consist of more exercises, btw). If you're doing "like 400" sets a day, you're obviously overtraining, and that means that you're basically wasting your time. If you can't increase the weight at all over a two month period it means you're not improving.

Oh and try doing real lifts besides curls if you're actually looking to gain a substantial amount of muscle and not just on your arms.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

rdl

May 03, 2010, 08:09:16 PM #12 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:25:46 PM by FDR
Quote from: Slim on May 03, 2010, 07:00:04 PM
No, they're not better at building muscle. That's what you're going for, right?
not anymore, no. im mostly going for strength and endurance and all that fun stuff

also cmongler:
why are you doing curls? working on your biceps is more or less a waste of time, unless if youre just trying to get shallow womens. if you want to make some actually useful gains, you're gonna need to do some hardcore exercises that target more than one muscle. i feel like a tool posting this, but you should probably try following this plan for a bit. i haven't tried it but it seemed reliable enough when i first found it.
http://www.projectswole.com/weight-training/werewolf-training-a-weightlifting-routine-to-gain-muscle/
dont be discouraged by all of the overthetop werewolf imagery.

??????

Quote from: FDR on May 03, 2010, 08:09:16 PM
not anymore, no. im mostly going for strength and endurance and all that fun stuff
Trying to pursue a twink's body?  n_u

rdl

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on May 03, 2010, 08:22:01 PM
Trying to pursue a twink's body?  n_u
no asshole i just cant afford the amount of food required to put on weight :|

Go Up