October 11, 2024, 11:21:08 PM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Health class and other generally fucked up school teachings

Started by Bushy, April 27, 2010, 12:48:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bushy

I'm being brainwashed.

North Carolina is a major tobacco state and stuff like that, dig? Well we're going over drugs and alcohol in Health class and I asked if we were going to talk about cigarettes and stuff. Teacher said "No, we will not discuss such things because they aren't drugs"

Maybe I missed something but (tobacco) cigarettes are most definitely drugs, right?
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

??????

Bushy

Daddy

Quote from: l a c e y on April 27, 2010, 01:22:29 PM
tobacco isnt a drug

A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function.

In low concentrations (an average cigarette yields about 1 mg of absorbed nicotine), [Nicotine] acts as a stimulant in mammals

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Khadafi on April 27, 2010, 01:28:16 PM
A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function.

In low concentrations (an average cigarette yields about 1 mg of absorbed nicotine), [Nicotine] acts as a stimulant in mammals

I thought it was something that alters your state of mind (illegal drugs) and legal drugs were designed to return bodily functions back to normal.

??????

Quote from: Nathan on April 27, 2010, 01:34:23 PM
I thought it was something that alters your state of mind (illegal drugs) and legal drugs were designed to return bodily functions back to normal.
are you implying that narcotics cannot alter your state of mind  akudood;

Daddy

WHAT IS THE POINT BEING MADE

Bushy

wut

l a c e y

who cares. it's not like it's hardcore for you. also we never got told not to smoke in health class anyways. i don't even think we got told not to smoke weed. we pretty much focused on like meth crack ect..

Travis

??????

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on April 27, 2010, 01:38:52 PM
are you implying that narcotics cannot alter your state of mind  akudood;

Illegal in the sense that the drugs are outlawed or it is illegal for you to take them because they weren't prescribed for you or any condition you have/had.

Quote from: Khadafi on April 27, 2010, 01:41:15 PM
WHAT IS THE POINT BEING MADE

Quit being mean  :(

??????

Quote from: Nathan on April 27, 2010, 03:22:16 PM
Illegal in the sense that the drugs are outlawed or it is illegal for you to take them because they weren't prescribed for you or any condition you have/had.

recreational drugs??!?!

hotlikesauce.

Go Up