October 12, 2024, 01:29:55 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Job Hunting

Started by Cool, April 26, 2010, 08:39:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cool

So it's that time again. Summer job. All my experience has been in retail stores and customer service-possibly the worst job ever. So now I'm thinking about being a waitress/barmaid. The obviously pro being tips, and since I have large boobies, I'll get big tips. But has anyone had this job before and have some words of wisdom or advice or think I should steer clear?
Some might say that's enough. Some might say I'm too hard to please. But some need to shut their fucking mouths.

Socks

Quote from: PinkAngelKitty on April 26, 2010, 08:39:51 AM
But has anyone had this job before and have some words of wisdom or advice or think I should steer clear?

it is essential to see your boobies first.

Cool

Hahahahahahahahahahahahano
Some might say that's enough. Some might say I'm too hard to please. But some need to shut their fucking mouths.

Socks

Quote from: PinkAngelKitty on April 26, 2010, 08:52:08 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahano

someone needs to readjust their attitude.

Cool

Quote from: Socks on April 26, 2010, 09:08:28 AM
someone needs to readjust their attitude.

Ya think?

Ok here let me adjust this for a sec....

Alright you piece of internet trash. No one on this forum is ever going to get pictures of any part of my body or life. Ever. I don't post pictures. I also don't take kindly to badgering, begging, or bartering. Don't ask: the answer is no.

If you want someone stupid and impressionable who will post boobs if you talk to her, look no further than lacey, but stay the fuck away from me.

Ok job advice from this point on only. Thank you.

Cool

Quote from: steal on April 26, 2010, 09:42:25 AM
It helps a lot if already know employees/managers/whatever, as far as just getting the job goes. I've applied at a couple of restaurants and never gotten the job, so I guess I can't help much there. I know tips are definitely a great advantage, though - my friend used to make upwards of 50 dollars a day on tips alone.

Yea it's nice- tax free money and it's in your hand right away.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone that owns or even works at a restaurant.

FAMY2

Ahhh PAK, the guy you just called an internet piece of trash has a good job at a restaurant.   n_u

That said. It's hard work, long hours on your feet and a good place to meet people.

Cool

Quote from: FAMY2 on April 26, 2010, 09:59:00 AM
Ahhh PAK, the guy you just called an internet piece of trash has a good job at a restaurant.   n_u

That said. It's hard work, long hours on your feet and a good place to meet people.

Matters little to me if all he's going to do is ask for pictures.

Yea I figure. I'll only have it for 2 months before I move, so it doesn't really matter at this point. I just want the most buck for my bang  n_u

C-Scharp

Quote from: PinkAngelKitty on April 26, 2010, 09:33:08 AM
Ya think?

Ok here let me adjust this for a sec....

Alright you piece of internet trash. No one on this forum is ever going to get pictures of any part of my body or life. Ever. I don't post pictures. I also don't take kindly to badgering, begging, or bartering. Don't ask: the answer is no.

If you want someone stupid and impressionable who will post boobs if you talk to her, look no further than lacey, but stay the fuck away from me.

Ok job advice from this point on only. Thank you.

Hahaha. I've seen pics.  doodella;

Beware of cheap people... Like jews.

Socks

April 26, 2010, 11:39:35 AM #9 Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:44:22 AM by Socks
     From my understanding, when it comes to matters of this industry, the singular and most consequential step in securing employment can be exceedingly difficult, or surprisingly easy; it is also the first. The tired cliché of accomplices over accomplishments cannot be understated.
    The majority of workers in the business come from close ranks. Management seeks reliability in order to provide and maintain a balanced overall service. Familiarity cuts down on uncertainty, which might otherwise be a costly investment or embarrassment, for someone. A shocking number of individuals wash out do to character issues. Any competent person can master and command this occupation with a little commitment, discipline, and patience. So the issue of past experience is not an insurmountable one; you will always have firsts. This area is flexible.
    First impressions are not quite as elastic, however. Introduction and the manner in which you carry yourself should be based on common sense, so I wonâ,,,t ridicule it. If you exert some effort and simply walk to various establishments, most will gladly hand you an application right there to fill out. And they will just as happily discard it. This is why it would be ideal to spot the office, and intoxicate with effervescence.
   If such seeds have been properly flung out wide enough, sooner or later it is bound to happen. When it does, there is a period of training that typically lasts a few days, depending, usually compensated. After that, work ethic, spirit, and positive disposition dominate. Everything from then on is perpetual. I venture to say the first few weeks will be mediocre in profit, evaluatry in nature, and indispensable in insight. If at this junction fortune still shines your way profit surly has too.
   A very good server in a reputable place can make in excess of 200-300$ a night. I would guess average is in the neighborhood of 100-200$. It is the best money I've ever made, and I rarely feel as if I am working. But all of that pales in comparison with the staff, which  is awesome and full of peculiar people. Frequently, the costumers tend to be even more outrageous! It tells you a lot about yourself.

Beyond this, start putting your foot in a few doors anyway you can, and shove forth the best of facesâ,”chest first.  n_u

Cool

Socks

Dullahan

Cool

Oh

Show cleavage and pretend to care about what people say.  hocuspocus;

Go Up