October 16, 2024, 01:15:15 AM

1,531,333 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Backup Poll

Started by Daddy, April 24, 2010, 09:09:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

What would you prefer

More frequent backups, more frequent "downtime", less data loss in a crash
20 (62.5%)
Less frequent backups, less frequent "downtime", more loss of data in a crash
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: PinkAngelKitty on April 25, 2010, 12:11:19 PM
You know I've never understood why you people lose your heads so much when this happens. Being at Outsider, I heard about the crash and was laughing  along with everyone else, but why were you all so upset? Because you lost posts? They're just posts!

actually, we weren't all upset

nyerp is pretty much the only one who threw a fit. some of us were laughing about it too, especially with nyerp bleeding out his vagina about it. i mean, yeah, we knew that it kinda sucks to be missing our PMs and some newer emotes, but the posts aren't what we cared about for the most part, if anything at all.

still, it'd be nice for a crash to not happen again

Cookie

I'm ok with once a month.

Nyerp

Quote from: PinkAngelKitty on April 25, 2010, 12:11:19 PM
You know I've never understood why you people lose your heads so much when this happens. Being at Outsider, I heard about the crash and was laughing  along with everyone else, but why were you all so upset? Because you lost posts? They're just posts!

Quote from: Lain on April 25, 2010, 02:03:53 PM

nyerp is pretty much the only one who threw a fit. some of us were laughing about it too, especially with nyerp bleeding out his vagina about it. i mean, yeah, we knew that it kinda sucks to be missing our PMs and some newer emotes, but the posts aren't what we cared about for the most part, if anything at all.

shut the fuck up

Travis

LOL nyerp that was so funny

Thyme

Samus Aran

Daddy

Quote from: FAMY2 on April 25, 2010, 10:42:37 AM
Makes sense to not use it then. But you know people will let you know it's down. lol
They can't let me know if I'm not at work since only Sam, Guff, PQQU, and Skylark have my new number akudood;
Quote from: wziard on April 25, 2010, 12:46:49 PM
just make a cron job to scp the database to the other USA server at like 4am monday morning, it would only take a few seconds since both servers are in the same datacenter
sometimes mysql doesn't start itself so if it goes down at 4am monday during a backup and no admins know this because i don't check boyah before work usually it's possible that boyah won't be back up until 5:30PM if I were to work a full day.

Cool

Quote from: Lain on April 25, 2010, 02:03:53 PM

Oh yea actually that thread was posted on Outsider. I think it was soup. We all had a good laugh.
Some might say that's enough. Some might say I'm too hard to please. But some need to shut their fucking mouths.

spaceman

Honestly, even though that one crash was the only major one that's ever happened (in my being here anyways), it was a big loss. 4 months. Not that posts or any of that shit matters, it was actually pretty funny. But for a max of 4 hours a month, do weekly backups. Have it at some time when nobody is online and when it's least active, nobody will even notice. And if they do, it'd be like half an hour.

I'd rather have boyah gone 2-4 hours a month than have a months worth of data be gone. It's a simple decision.

LCK

Quote from: Nyerp on April 25, 2010, 07:57:06 AM
anyone voting for the second option is a complete fucking retard

do it an noon on tuesdays
oh god we can't lose the posts

hotlikesauce.

Just do it once a month or every two weeks every midnight on sunday or something.

l a c e y

do it whenever you feel like it needs to be done. and who cares if people wanna use boyah at the time. they can suck it up.

Cool

I bet you're really good at sucking things up, lacey.
Some might say that's enough. Some might say I'm too hard to please. But some need to shut their fucking mouths.

l a c e y

Quote from: PinkAngelKitty on April 25, 2010, 08:18:47 PM
I bet you're really good at sucking things up, lacey.

yeah big dicks.

Cool

Well fuck. You're supposed to fight back you stupid bitch.

Go Up