July 08, 2024, 10:44:56 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Fuck you Microsoft

Started by Cookie, April 19, 2010, 06:51:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cookie

So my brother got 1600 microsoft points for his birthday from my parents. He tells me the code doesn't work and asks me to try. So I try it and get some error that says something along the lines of "This card has not been activated, please see retailer" Ok, so the retailer just forgot to activate it or some shit. So I got the still receipt from my parents (They bought it Gamestop problem number one) so me and my brother drive over to gamestop and as usual the employees were no help and just told me to call Microsoft. Called Microsoft, after 10 minutes of jumping through their maze of pre-recorded troubleshoting help I got to speak to an actual person who had me on hold for 20 minutes to connect me to another person, who had me on hold for another 30 minutes, who had me on hold for another 8 minutes to send me to another person. After giving them all my brothers information and repeating the code to the the person on the other line, they told me to fax them the card, my name, gamertag, and receipt. At this point I was so fed up with it all I just put in my debit card info and bought my brother 1600 points. Fuck you Microsoft

Short version; Microsoft fucked my brother by not giving him points my parents payed for.

Things that game companies do that piss you off.

?????

I just found out I can re-size textareas in Safari, cool.

So.. do you not have a fax machine or something?
Die for Dethklok

Cookie

Quote from: TheSequel on April 19, 2010, 07:38:14 PM

So.. do you not have a fax machine or something?

No, I don't. The library might but I'm not putting in that much work effort for something that was purchased.

?????

I think this should be moved to the complaints board on account of excessive bitching and moaning.

No, just kidding ;)
You got fucked real good by Microsoft though :)

But, to be honest this was the Gamestop employee's fault, not Microsoft's. It was their fault they didn't activate the card. Unless Microsoft shipped them dud cards... idk anymore :(
Die for Dethklok

strongbad

That is bullshit dude. Sue em.

Wrench

Dullahan

I really hate it when they try to make it sound like it's your fault whenever your console breaks down.

StarPilot

Haven't I read this before, or was that on outsider?

I was waiting for the Bel-Air part to kick in. akudood;

Quote from: Dullahan on April 19, 2010, 10:50:42 PM
I really hate it when they try to make it sound like it's your fault whenever your console breaks down.
I've never had that, but then again after the second one I've only used the online repair stuff so I can just print out a shipping label.

Volvagia

I'd say it was more Gamestops fault, retailers are supposed to fax a copy of the receipt to MS after you buy it so they activate it. It's so little asshole kids don't steal their shit in stores.

FUCKING GAMESTOP.

..take it back to GS and demand your money back, never return.

TRUTH.

C.Mongler

Sure its a pain in the ass, but you gave up so it sounds like that was your fault bud lol.

Dullahan

Quote from: StarPilot on April 19, 2010, 11:14:29 PM
I've never had that, but then again after the second one I've only used the online repair stuff so I can just print out a shipping label.
I mean, they'll keep asking you questions about where the 360 is placed, how it stands, air space, etc.

Eventually, you get really impatient. Sometimes they're not like that, though. wariodood;

Oh

Quote from: C Mongler on April 20, 2010, 12:49:10 PM
Sure its a pain in the ass, but you gave up so it sounds like that was your fault bud lol.
You're a retard.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tedtron on April 21, 2010, 01:34:35 PM
You're a retard.

This is a FUCKING GAMESTOP story more than anything.

?????

FUCK YOU GUYS NOBODY UNDERSTAND
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Die for Dethklok

Go Up