October 09, 2024, 08:25:36 PM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Oh god, I have cancer.

Started by Sam, April 19, 2010, 02:22:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

Okay, not really.

I hope. I just found a lump in my neck and was like oh god oh god oh god. I'll ask my doctor about it next time I see him.. in like a year. I also wanted to talk to him about what I think might be cancer on my hand. But that's another story

spoiler: neck lump
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Point is, you wake up one day, and find a weird lump. Within a month you're diagnosed with cancer. You have a pretty decent chance of survival (at least for the time being), but you only have a day before treatment starts and you become super weak and bald and all that stuff.
WHAT DO YOU DO?
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Oh

Omg if you became bald, you can cosplay as Master Roshi.

Volvagia

April 19, 2010, 03:41:05 AM #2 Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 03:48:15 AM by Volvagia
Quote from: Tedtron on April 19, 2010, 03:25:52 AM
Omg if you became bald, you can cosplay as Master Roshi.

BAHAHAHAHA. God I lol'd hard.

Bumps around your neck and or hands, that look like that are pretty common, well, at least, I'd like to hope they are.

I have one right underneath my left earlobe on the side of my neck, had it since I was like 15, never went away or got smaller, so I guess it's just there... I've got it seen to several times, it's not cancerous. I've got bumps that look like that but are smaller over the right side of my middle finger on my left hand but are lighter than the darkness of that one on your neck, judging from the camera that is. I was forced to get it checked several times as skin cancer is common in my family, but, it's not. I wouldn't really worry about it much, but get it checked like you said if you're paranoid.

People get random bumps on their body that really are just there, and don't have any deadly disease, but are just overall nothing but bumps. I have a few on my back and ankles also, but they've never been looked at, just presumed they're the same as the ones on my neck and hand.

btw when you're diagonsed with cancer, unless you go to some super high paying surgen, they don't give you the op the next day, try a few months later, your muscles and body become weak over a long period of time due to high exportion to radiation, takes months or years for you to become entirly weak to the point where you can't really do much... though, you probably know this, nearly everyone has someone close to them that has had cancer.

snorkel

I believe the bumps are calcium deposits

If I was diagnosed with cancer I would play off of people's pity and then do Breaking Bad except spend the money on blowjobs and crack

Wrench

Hoodrat stuff with my friends

FAMY2

Get it looked at.  Better to be safe than sorry.  saddood;

C-Scharp

Get a knife and cut it out. Try to shove it deep.

Sam

Quote from: Volvagia on April 19, 2010, 03:41:05 AM
BAHAHAHAHA. God I lol'd hard.

Bumps around your neck and or hands, that look like that are pretty common, well, at least, I'd like to hope they are.

I have one right underneath my left earlobe on the side of my neck, had it since I was like 15, never went away or got smaller, so I guess it's just there... I've got it seen to several times, it's not cancerous. I've got bumps that look like that but are smaller over the right side of my middle finger on my left hand but are lighter than the darkness of that one on your neck, judging from the camera that is. I was forced to get it checked several times as skin cancer is common in my family, but, it's not. I wouldn't really worry about it much, but get it checked like you said if you're paranoid.

People get random bumps on their body that really are just there, and don't have any deadly disease, but are just overall nothing but bumps. I have a few on my back and ankles also, but they've never been looked at, just presumed they're the same as the ones on my neck and hand.

btw when you're diagonsed with cancer, unless you go to some super high paying surgen, they don't give you the op the next day, try a few months later, your muscles and body become weak over a long period of time due to high exportion to radiation, takes months or years for you to become entirly weak to the point where you can't really do much... though, you probably know this, nearly everyone has someone close to them that has had cancer.

Not a lump on my hand. More like a patch of dark pigmentation that appeared a few years ago and has slowly been getting larger. Like I said, I don't actually think I have cancer, but yeah. And I know I exaggerated the process, I did it for the FUN of the topic~~
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Volvagia

Quote from: Sam on April 19, 2010, 07:37:30 AM
Not a lump on my hand. More like a patch of dark pigmentation that appeared a few years ago and has slowly been getting larger. Like I said, I don't actually think I have cancer, but yeah. And I know I exaggerated the process, I did it for the FUN of the topic~~

Yeah sorry I didn't meant to come across as "llololol ur stupid" or anything but Cancer is a pretty sensitive subject for me. :l

I'd get that patch checked out if I was you though, sounds fucked up.

YPrrrr

I'd probably start going to church more regularly n_u

Samus Aran

SHE'S LUMP
SHE'S LUMP
SHE'S LUMP
SHE'S IN MY HEAD

Socks

i basically live a discipline of high indulgence in pleasure, which all but guarantees some form of cancerous phenomena on my physical being in the future--depending, of course. so the news would merely compound the misery of life and serve ends to further my indulgence, alive. however, may you enjoy that abnormal-ish looking lump you have, and fully relish life in its lumpness.

FAMY2

Quote from: Volvagia on April 19, 2010, 07:39:04 AM
Yeah sorry I didn't meant to come across as "llololol ur stupid" or anything but Cancer is a pretty sensitive subject for me. :l

I'd get that patch checked out if I was you though, sounds fucked up.

It is for me too. Look up Hodgkin's lymphoma . Better yet:

Hodgkin's lymphoma, previously known as Hodgkin's disease, is a type of lymphoma, which is a type of cancer originating from white blood cells called lymphocytes. It was named after Thomas Hodgkin, who first described abnormalities in the lymph system in 1832.[1][2]  Hodgkin's lymphoma is characterized by the orderly spread of disease from one lymph node group to another and by the development of systemic symptoms with advanced disease. When Hodgkins cells are examined microscopically, multinucleated Reed-Sternberg cells (RS cells) are the characteristic histopathologic finding. Hodgkin's lymphoma may be treated with radiation therapy or chemotherapy, the choice of treatment depending on the age and sex of the patient and the stage, bulk and histological subtype of the disease.

The disease occurrence shows two peaks: the first in young adulthood (age 15ââ,¬â€œ35) and the second in those over 55 years old.[3]

The survival rate is generally 90% or higher when the disease is detected during early stages, making it one of the more curable forms of cancer.[4] Hodgkin's lymphoma is one of the handful of cancers that, even in its later stages, has a very high cure rate, in the 90s.[5] Most patients who are able to be successfully treated and thus enter remission generally go on to live long lives.

Patients with a history of infectious mononucleosis due to Epstein-Barr virus may have an increased risk of HL.[citation needed]

Many times the first sign is a lump on the neck.  akudood;

Daddy

yeah i dont think you should joke about it when other members may have seriously dealt with such an issue. akudood;

C-Scharp

Go Up