August 20, 2024, 07:58:59 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Deadliest Warrior

Started by hotlikesauce., April 18, 2010, 05:43:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hotlikesauce.

Does anybody else enjoy this show? I love it.

For anyone who doesn't know, Deadliest Warrior is a show on Spike that puts together two types of warriors/armies/etc. and puts them up against each other in simulated warfare after an in depth explanation and analysis of each warrior's weapons and tactics. Right now I'm watching Shakazulu versus William Wallace. Other ones I've seen include Samurai vs. Spartans, Green Beret vs. Spetsnaz, and Xaolin vs. Maori Warriors. This show is intense and it's kind of educational too, though I doubt you'd ever have to use ancient/modern weapons/tactics in real life application. Does anybody else enjoy this show?

Bushy

Shaka Zulu would have beat William Wallace >:C
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

spaceman

IRA vs Taliban was entirely inaccurate. They made the battle close. 5-4 I believe. In reality, the IRA would have kicked the ever living shit out of the Taliban, especially in urban warfare.

YPrrrr

As long as you take the show with a grain of salt since they like to add dramatic flair and statistics are only so accurate, it can be fun as hell to watch... Kind of a guilty pleasure for me, but i do like to see how "what if" questions regarding military icons are answered

l a c e y

Oh I love that friggen show. Except it's just repeats all the time. ALL THE TIME.

Bushy

Quote from: YPR on April 27, 2010, 05:40:33 PM
As long as you take the show with a grain of salt since they like to add dramatic flair and statistics are only so accurate, it can be fun as hell to watch... Kind of a guilty pleasure for me, but i do like to see how "what if" questions regarding military icons are answered
Germany's entire WWII Nazi roster (Excluding naval, including Luftwaffe)  vs. General Sherman Tecumseh with a jar of bear blood.

Who wins?

YPrrrr

Quote from: l a c e y on April 27, 2010, 05:42:50 PM
Oh I love that friggen show. Except it's just repeats all the time. ALL THE TIME.
New one tonight at 10 n_u
Quote from: Porter on April 27, 2010, 05:48:36 PM
Germany's entire WWII Nazi roster (Excluding naval, including Luftwaffe)  vs. General Sherman Tecumseh with a jar of bear blood.

Who wins?
What's the jar of bear blood from?

Bushy

YPrrrr

Placebo Headwound

I've seen a bit and I kinda like watching the part where they explain the weapons and show what they can do but everything else is kinda stupid. akudood;

rdl

Quote from: fluxus on April 27, 2010, 05:37:37 PM
IRA vs Taliban was entirely inaccurate. They made the battle close. 5-4 I believe. In reality, the IRA would have kicked the ever living shit out of the Taliban, especially in urban warfare.
it should've been a tie. talibans know explosion.

Go Up