I know this isn't uncommon or new or revolutionary or anything, but...

Started by Samus Aran, April 14, 2010, 04:03:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

My Bloody Valentine's Loveless just might be my new favorite album ever. I mean, I already loved it, but something's happening and all of the sudden this glorious wall of sound is doing things in my head that no other album can do. And it's only with headphones on. The album truly cannot be listened to any other way. Closing your eyes and letting your mind drift along to the walls of guitars and dreamy vocals...man, it's just something else.

I don't know what this thread is about. I guess it's about MBV or this particular album. Or something. I dunno.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I disagree with the headphones part. A lot of time we'll put it on in the background along with other essential shoegaze when we're camping. It's especially excellent around those campfires late at night  when the conversation goes in a particular direction.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on April 14, 2010, 04:14:13 PM
I disagree with the headphones part. A lot of time we'll put it on in the background along with other essential shoegaze when we're camping. It's especially excellent around those campfires late at night  when the conversation goes in a particular direction.

Well, I've never tried it as a "background music" sort of thing like that, I just meant I can't sit down by myself and listen to the album without headphones, because it just doesn't have the same effect for me.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I dont know, I just like the atmosphere that develops from it.

Too bad their other albums don't compare though.

spaceman

I enjoyed the album a lot once upon a time, but after I got a really nice pair of Sennheisers it shot up multiple rungs on the enjoyment ladder.

Placebo Headwound

snorkel

It's good, personally I think Three Fact Fader by Engineers tops it by a long shot when it comes to awesome shoegaze albums though... a lot to be said for Slowdive too

??????

Quote from: wziard on April 15, 2010, 01:15:49 PM
It's good, personally I think Three Fact Fader by Engineers tops it by a long shot when it comes to awesome shoegaze albums though... a lot to be said for Slowdive too
oh god yes :'(

spaceman

And Ride.

Samus Aran

I am not familiar with Engineers, but I highly approve of your mention of Slowdive. However, I will see that and raise you one Jesus and Mary Chain.

I am also very fond of Cocteau Twins, but that's more on the line between shoegaze and dream pop.

[hedy]Zidone

i kinda liked it

but i thought in her gentle jaws by the depreciation guild was better

In general I prefer straight-up noise rock, and ambient for the "background sound" effect.

Go Up