October 08, 2024, 08:28:14 PM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

why doesn't photoshop have autosave

Started by snorkel, April 13, 2010, 08:09:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

Travis

Volvagia

not sure if cs5 has it, but if it doesn't. rage.

it's frustrating as hell. imagine working on something pixel by pixel (pixel redefinement on certain points of a web template for example.) and the thing fucking crashes losing about an hours worth of work. shit's frustrating as hell.

cs5 better fix this shit.

paid for cs3, didn't pay for cs4, not paying for cs5 either. fuck that.

Travis

why would you EVER pay for it if you're not a designer or something

Cookie

Yeah I know, Premiere has it and if I remember Dreamweaver has it. Would it have been that much work to add it to the rest of CS4?

Volvagia

Quote from: Travis on April 13, 2010, 08:16:23 PM
why would you EVER pay for it if you're not a designer or something

Web Development/Web Designer student.

Company discount on batch order, also; shit only cost me $199, which, at the time I bought it, was nearly jackshit as our currency was almost 2x the value of the US dollar.

?????

Maybe because it would use up a lot of system resources? You can work with pretty big files in photoshop and it would seem very annoying to have your system lag because of autosave. They should probably have an on/off options at least though.
Die for Dethklok

snorkel

Quote from: TheSequel on April 13, 2010, 08:27:17 PM
Maybe because it would use up a lot of system resources? You can work with pretty big files in photoshop and it would seem very annoying to have your system lag because of autosave. They should probably have an on/off options at least though.

I do not know 'lag'

you could disable the feature or even set a filesize threshold. someone's got to have made a plugin...
Quote from: Volvagia on April 13, 2010, 08:12:24 PM
not sure if cs5 has it, but if it doesn't. rage.

it's frustrating as hell. imagine working on something pixel by pixel (pixel redefinement on certain points of a web template for example.) and the thing fucking crashes losing about an hours worth of work. shit's frustrating as hell.

cs5 better fix this shit.

paid for cs3, didn't pay for cs4, not paying for cs5 either. fuck that.

Yes, I'm not used to it crashing since it very rarely does on OS X, so I'll work for hours on some design and then once every several weeks it crashes and enrages me

?????

Why don't you just save by yourself? It's a simple shortcut: ctrl+s. I think it's super+s on OS X.
Die for Dethklok

??????

Go Up