August 20, 2024, 07:19:28 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

WHAT ARE YOUR PLAYLISTS LIKE

Started by ??????, April 12, 2010, 08:58:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

??????

If they're organized by year then ew. akudood;

Placebo Headwound

I just have the default ones that iTunes has. giggle;

strongbad

I have two ones that I made of songs i liked that i never use anymore
Two playlists from concerts I went to (playlists that the bands played)
Two autoplaylists, one "new stuff" is stuff that has 0 listens, and the other "favorites" is my most popular one, which is songs that i favorite.

Samus Aran

most of my playlists are genre ones. shoegaze here, britpop there, etc. in addition, i always have one playlist called "recent" which is for stuff that i've been really into in the past week or so.

that's about it.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Wrench

Daddy

C.Mongler

i have mix cd playlists SUCH AS

sad songs
sad songs 2
drive fast songs
rollin face songs

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

artist-specific playlists mostly, then a few mix-em ups for cd's.

snorkel

I have infinity, they follow four formats

- smart playlists that compile, for instance, all 5-star songs within a genre (I only rate things zero stars or 5 stars according to if I want them on the playlists).

- smart playlists of all of a certain artist's top songs, either by most played or 5-stars

- genre playlists. I update these fairly frequently (every couple days) as I get new music and make new mixes

- special playlists of certain artists that go together. these are always named a combination of the involved bands' titles, like "Kings of Goat Foxes" (hey I made an indie band name) or "Flying Gaslamp Robot"

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

don't let's

Thyme

The only custom-made playlist I have on my iPod is an "Other" playlist, reminiscent of the days when I would still download individual songs.

I deleted most of iTunes' pre-made lists and only left "Most Listened", "Recently Added" and "Recently Played".

I usually navigate by album or artist.

Andria

I have a couple ones that are just single artists since my ipod won't let me see like one of the albums or something like that otherwise  doodthing;

the others are mainly just stuff that I have been sent so I keep it in a playlist

??????

Quote from: C Mongler on April 13, 2010, 12:29:34 PM
i have mix cd playlists SUCH AS

sad songs
sad songs 2
drive fast songs
rollin face songs
yes
YES
Quote from: wziard on April 13, 2010, 01:37:23 PM
I have infinity, they follow four formats

- smart playlists that compile, for instance, all 5-star songs within a genre (I only rate things zero stars or 5 stars according to if I want them on the playlists).

- smart playlists of all of a certain artist's top songs, either by most played or 5-stars

- genre playlists. I update these fairly frequently (every couple days) as I get new music and make new mixes

- special playlists of certain artists that go together. these are always named a combination of the involved bands' titles, like "Kings of Goat Foxes" (hey I made an indie band name) or "Flying Gaslamp Robot"

With the 5 Star rating, I break them into groups:
1 star: Suck (Honestly, they suck I never want to hear them again and will probably get deleted soon)
2 stars: Depressing
3 stars: Anything that sounds good
4 stars: Mellow electronica (Shoegaze, trip-hop, moor)
5 stars: Ambient

The 3 star category gets broken down into more play lists that adheres to correct moods:
Stagnation: Glitchy, lo-fi ambient (Flying Lotus, Caretaker, etc.)
Stabilized mood: Rock, or pop songs (Franz Ferdinand, etc.)
etc., etc.
I have 27 play lists. :'(

Go Up