August 20, 2024, 09:14:33 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

IRL PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY KNOW YOUR BANDS

Started by ??????, April 12, 2010, 12:29:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

??????

I always thought I was the odd-one out, but surprisingly one kid knows some bands I listen to, and we had a very lengthy discussion over it. Apparently, their sister goes to college and that is how they learned who Phoenix (:() and those mainstream indie bands are.

Now I don't have a reason to not hug them ;_;akudood;

Andria

I know of a single person irl who likes a lot of the bands I do  :( beyond that it is kinda sad.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

None of my friends like my taste in music and will refuse to ride with me if we drive someplace.

Geno

There's one girl I know who listens to most of what I listen to.
Everyone else rips on me for listening to stuff they don't know.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Cookie

No one really. I find it hard to find people on the internet with the same music taste much less real life.

Daddy

I can't find any way to say it without sounding pretentious ;_;

strongbad

My really close friend who is registered on boyah (marsipan i think) and frecklesface or whatever both have almost the exact same tastes as myself.

Travis

nobody i know irl has tastes exactly similar to me, but a lot of my friends share similar taste

C.Mongler

you have to like my music to hang out with me so some do

Socks

of course there's my preference, and then there is something agreeable.

Samus Aran

Well, I know one guy here on campus that shares a lot of the same tastes as me, including stuff like The Black Keys, The Flaming Lips, and tons of assorted indie bands.

And to date, I've only ever known one other person who enjoys the most underrated blues-rock guitar master ever, Rory Gallagher. That'd be my best friend, Kevin.

Dullahan

I try to find something good in all genres of music. I guess that's why it's so hard to find someone to talk to that has that similarity. And to this day, I can listen to at least one thing in every genre except country or death metal. But I think that's just personal taste.

And that being said, there's still some shittiness in those genres too.

And I like Phoenix a bit.

??????

Quote from: JMV on April 12, 2010, 02:43:31 PM
I can't find any way to say it without sounding pretentious ;_;
Anything you do is incredibly pretentious.  akudood;
Quote from: NautSyd on April 12, 2010, 01:32:47 PM
None of my friends like my taste in music and will refuse to ride with me if we drive someplace.
I remember playing my music out loud and and wanted to know more about me.  bassir;
Although, I'm pretty sure my favorites would probably scare them off, or something.
Only Socks appreciates my repetitive, dead-like sounds of aged ball-room melodies.  akudood;

the shortest route to the sea

Occasionally I'll meet people and we'll bond over one band. "Dude...you know Black Moth Super Rainbow!?!" "Holy shit 65daysofstatic!" but mostly I'm just off doing my thing and nobody really gets it unless I mention an obvious animal collective song or something.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

me003

my best friend who was the only one who listened to the same stuff as I moved away to college.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Go Up