October 07, 2024, 07:58:19 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Textin'

Started by strongbad, April 08, 2010, 10:50:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

How many texts (incoming and outgoing) do you average per month?

0 (nobody usually texts me)
1 (3.7%)
1-99
3 (11.1%)
100-499
7 (25.9%)
500-999
1 (3.7%)
1000-1999
2 (7.4%)
2000-2999
3 (11.1%)
3000-3999
2 (7.4%)
4000+
4 (14.8%)
0 (I don't have a phone or texting )
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Go Down

snorkel

Probably about 400-500

Volvagia

People text me.
I read.
I don't reply for 1 day or so if it's not urgent.
They text back the next day. "You mad at me or something?"
I eventually text back. "No... Just don't like texting; insert reply to prev text here."
Then they get pissed cause' they actually think I'm mad and talking bullshit

Yay, people don't understand that some people just DON'T LIKE TO FUCKING USE A CELLPHONE EVERY 10 SECONDS OF THE FUCKING DAY. IT'S FUCKING BUZZING RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE THIS, WHAT THE FUCK.

Travis

Quote from: Volvagia on April 10, 2010, 06:11:17 PM
People text me.
I read.
I don't reply for 1 day or so if it's not urgent.
They text back the next day. "You mad at me or something?"
I eventually text back. "No... Just don't like texting; insert reply to prev text here."
Then they get pissed cause' they actually think I'm mad and talking bullshit

Yay, people don't understand that some people just DON'T LIKE TO FUCKING USE A CELLPHONE EVERY 10 SECONDS OF THE FUCKING DAY. IT'S FUCKING BUZZING RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE THIS, WHAT THE FUCK.
i don't get why you can't just reply when you get it. you just sound pissed off for nothing

ME##

I could understand waiting a couple of minutes, but a whole day seems passive aggressive. befuddlement

Geno

Quote from: Travis on April 10, 2010, 06:12:40 PM
i don't get why you can't just reply when you get it. you just sound pissed off for nothing
Yeah I hate when people don't reply.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Volvagia

Quote from: Travis on April 10, 2010, 06:12:40 PM

alright sorry if I sound pissed but fuck shits annoying as hell.

most of the time it's fucking pointless shit. I DESPISE writing the same shit over and over.

Wanna hear some of my texts? Fine.

Derek - 3:48pm - replied;

hey, you free tomorrow for going out to city? "(it's a nightclub, this is not part of the text.")

Replied with exact words:

yeah, I'll come round to Tom's flat at around 6ish tomorrow night.

Derek - 8:46pm - no reply;

ok cool man see you there.

Derek - 12:54am - no reply

hey u coming out to city tomorrow with me and tom?

Derek - 1:30am - no reply

dude u coming with us tomorrow night or what?

Derek - 2:15am - replying now cause it's pissing me off

ok dude u pissed at me? wtf man?

Replied;

no, I've already told you I'm going. I shouldn't have to again, right? Something wrong?

Oh, and just now a reply as I was about to give you more examples;

Derek - 2:17am - no reply;

alright man thot u were pissed and nah notins wrong just makin sure u were going. i kno u said you were earlier but just askin again to make sure.

SHIT IF I SAY I'M GOING I'M FUCKING GOING. (this guy's known me for years, he knows I do what I say I'll do.)

Fucking hell. My other friends do this shit too, it's like they're fucking spazztards with phones.

Him, Kevin, Lauren, Louise, Craig, Mark and Ewan are all fucking terrible for it. God. Damn. This. Shit.

Oh, and my phones a bastard with signal so 99% of the time it doesn't fucking send the message. Another reason to hate using a cellphone. (it's an iphone, it's not clearly not old as fuck and it's not faulty, it's just the fucking signal in this ratass town sucks.)

Geno

Kevin, Lauren, and Louise piss me off too
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Travis

you couldn't take 3 seconds to reaffirm that you were still going? you sound like an old man bro

Volvagia

Quote from: GENOP on April 10, 2010, 06:23:24 PM
Kevin, Lauren, and Louise piss me off too

lols, I love your trollin'

Quote from: Travis on April 10, 2010, 06:24:33 PM
you couldn't take 3 seconds to reaffirm that you were still going? you sound like an old man bro

no, I deal with this shit. (similar to that text.) every time I plan to do anything with them, shit pisses me off. It's like I'm being hounded by a girlfriend or some shit.

Fuck I normally reply to the first text or when someone asks for help for something, but dude if you ask the same shit over and over again and you know for fucking sure I'd say something if I'm not going with notice then why text? He's probably drunk as fuck and doing this, but it pisses me off. Give it 30 mins I bet he texts me again.

Geno

Quote from: Volvagia on April 10, 2010, 06:26:41 PM
lols, I love your trollin'

no, I deal with this shit. (similar to that text.) every time I plan to do anything with them, shit pisses me off. It's like I'm being hounded by a girlfriend or some shit.

Fuck I normally reply to the first text or when someone asks for help for something, but dude if you ask the same shit over and over again and you know for fucking sure I'd say something if I'm not going with notice then why text? He's probably drunk as fuck and doing this, but it pisses me off. Give it 30 mins I bet he texts me again.

Or just reply and he'll say something like "ok" and it will be over

Volvagia

Quote from: GENOP on April 10, 2010, 06:28:15 PM
Or just reply and he'll say something like "ok" and it will be over

lol, not normally, that just creates a conversation on texts to them. Most of my friends use their cells 90% of the time I'm with them, it's like it's fucking taped to their hands and their fingers have to push the keys or they'll die. Shits redicilious, no lie. You probably have at least one friend that does this. Well I've got like 6. I'm not the only one out of my friends who gets seriously pissed off by how fucking cluttered my inbox is with this shit either. I may be over doing it to you guys, but if you were in my shoes you'd be doing the exact same thing.

I've tried saying "ok" before etc but they just ask shit like "wuu2?" (what you up to) - shit I'll reply once or twice to this, but it's not a fucking instant messenger and it costs me more dosh every time I reply. Contract shit? Fuck man if I was a business client I'd do it but fuck that, I'll just stick with the Dolphin pack of 500+ texts a month free every time you top up for that month. Ã,£10 call credit, 500+ free texts. I bet their contracts cost them like 1k a month or some shit.

Travis

Quote from: Volvagia on April 10, 2010, 06:30:40 PM
lol, not normally, that just creates a conversation on texts to them. Most of my friends use their cells 90% of the time I'm with them, it's like it's fucking taped to their hands and their fingers have to push the keys or they'll die. Shits redicilious, no lie. You probably have at least one friend that does this. Well I've got like 6. I'm not the only one out of my friends who gets seriously pissed off by how fucking cluttered my inbox is with this shit either. I may be over doing it to you guys, but if you were in my shoes you'd be doing the exact same thing.

I've tried saying "ok" before etc but they just ask shit like "wuu2?" (what you up to)
what exactly is inherently wrong with holding a conversation over a text message??

??????

Quote from: Travis on April 10, 2010, 06:24:33 PM
He's just sad that his friends did not acknowledge his actions, despite the long commitment they've had together. It makes him feel like he has never really had any significant importance to them considering that he learned their behavior, so why are they oblivious to his? :'(

Volvagia

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on April 10, 2010, 06:32:09 PM
He's just sad that his friends did not acknowledge his actions, despite the long commitment they've had together. It makes him feel like he has never really had any significant importance to them considering that he learned their behavior, so why they oblivious to his? :'(

lol it's more like a bad fucking habbit they've got into.

Quote from: Travis on April 10, 2010, 06:31:42 PM
what exactly is inherently wrong with holding a conversation over a text message??

I'd much rather call the person (long distance.) or go over to their house or pick up a landline and call them. Seriously, texting ends up adding up to way more than a phone call does and involves zero actual interaction with someone. It's like instant messengers, only way to get "personal" with anyone over electronics is either vocal speach conversations and phone calls or skype.

Fucking. Hate. Reading. And. Predicting. Emotions.

Travis

i can understand emotion fine over text

Go Up