October 07, 2024, 01:27:33 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Help me be less insecure

Started by strongbad, April 08, 2010, 10:47:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Oh

Dude she talked to you, she wants your dick.

strongbad

Quote from: Tedtron on April 09, 2010, 11:32:29 AM
Dude she talked to you, she wants your dick.

I sure hope so ;-;

Oh

strongbad

Veal

This is fairly normal. I'm super paranoid because I've been broken up with thrice just because they stopped liking me, but MOST of the things I worry about never happen.  Sometimes I'll compliment my girlfriend and she doesn't say it back. My first thought is to feel bad about it, until she says something to me and I just don't feel like saying it back, even if I'm thinking it. Everyone feels the same way, just at different times. Whatever negativity you're reading into it, always remind yourself, "Most of the things you worry about never happen." And even if it DOES mean something, so what? Then you're not meant to be. I know some really cool, talented, good-looking girls that I just wouldn't want to date. It's not a reflection on you as a person, it's just a reflection on how you two relate. Sometimes it's lonely and sometimes it's sad but things always get better. I've been pursuing this girl since the day I met her and have seen her go through two boyfriends, and am still helping her get over the last one, but now she thinks I'm perfect and vice versa. Live like you like yourself, and you will. Live like things will get better, and they will. Hakuna matata

Travis

you don't even have anything to feel insecure about

Zach

Mindset is everything. The only girlfriend I've ever had unceremoniously dumped me, lied about why she dumped me, and then started dating another guy when she had said she wasn't interested in having a boyfriend. So as you might imagine, it fucked with me on a deep, emotional level. For about two months I was about the most pathetic little baby you could imagine, but after I realized that we just weren't meant to be together and that I had a life to live, things improved substantially.

rdl

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on April 09, 2010, 12:05:38 AM
RDX and his cougar says that you're suffering from deluded distortions and magnifying them which clouds your positive traits, or positive outlooks in life. Continuation of such acts will result in you entering a self-fulling prophecy that feeds a vicious cycle of delusions causing you to spiral down and possibly be trapped in depression. (An example would be you thinking that you'll never good enough, because of this mindset you'll alter your behavior which will set you up for situations that will result in failure, conforming your negative thought and allowing it to grow)

Is there a reason why you resist others, or feel inadequate?  akudood;
no all i said was 'yeah' wry

Selkie

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: StrongBad007 on April 08, 2010, 11:45:02 PM
~1500 are sent out by me (total texts includes outgoing), and people are just obligated to talk to me ;-;
Bullshit, when someone doesn't want to talk to me they just ignore my texts. saddood;

strongbad

Quote from: dead is dr seuss on April 09, 2010, 05:31:53 PM
DAVID IF SHE PUT A SMILEY FACE THAT MEANS SHE LIKES YOU  giggle; BE CONFIDENT YOU'RE A GOOD KID, YOU'VE WORKED HARD I CAN TELL.

Confidence is so hard ;-;
But today was great so I am feeling a lot less insecure about everything.
And thanks for the posts, they were all pretty deep and heartfelt and everything.

?????

Do you honestly think everyone is out to get you? Think about it, it's not like you're always hoping somebody will look bad.

Aren't you good at swimming?
Die for Dethklok

strongbad

Quote from: TheSequel on April 09, 2010, 11:25:10 PM
Do you honestly think everyone is out to get you? Think about it, it's not like you're always hoping somebody will look bad.

Aren't you good at swimming?

I don't necessarily think that everyone is out to get me, I always just see the bad side to things, no matter what. And I am good at swimming, but I might as well be good at yo-yo's. Nobody gives a shit about swimming.

Zach

Quote from: StrongBad007 on April 09, 2010, 11:27:06 PM
I don't necessarily think that everyone is out to get me, I always just see the bad side to things, no matter what. And I am good at swimming, but I might as well be good at yo-yo's. Nobody gives a shit about swimming.

Michael Phelps would like to have a word with you.

?????

I'm good at yoyos asshole... well not really I suck really bad

just stop caring so much about what people think about you, you attention whore
just be happy for yourself, not to say you should become a selfish prick

oh ma gad you haven't been on msn you must hate wah
Die for Dethklok

Go Up