July 08, 2024, 10:34:32 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

HOLY SHIT BAYONETTA

Started by ncba93ivyase, December 06, 2009, 05:08:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

sucks

There's so much going on in the game and the combat should be good... but it's just boring.
It's really just God of War/Devil May Cry smashed together and relying entirely on "sex appeal", except the character they're trying to market as sexy is hideously deformed and you have to go around collecting gold rings.

it's shadow the hedgehog with ridiculous finishing moves (that admittedly look cool the first time, but the first time only)

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

Um its a Devil May Cry clone with none of the annoyances of Devil May Cry.

Shadow the Hedgehog is nothing like that unless you consider pressing buttons making a game similiar, in which case, Bayonetta is a Gradius clone.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C Mongler on December 06, 2009, 09:07:19 AM
Um its a Devil May Cry clone with none of the annoyances of Devil May Cry.

Shadow the Hedgehog is nothing like that unless you consider pressing buttons making a game similiar, in which case, Bayonetta is a Gradius clone.
guns and gold rings

that's where i was drawing the similarities

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 06, 2009, 05:08:43 AM
it's shadow the hedgehog with ridiculous finishing moves (that admittedly look cool the first time, but the first time only)
I first read this and was like 'wat' then realized the parenthesis were talking about Bayonetta.

Thyme

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 06, 2009, 09:22:50 AM
guns and gold rings

...Whoa. O_0

Linkjge

just realized demo is up

downloading

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Linkjge on December 06, 2009, 11:54:08 AM
just realized demo is up

downloading
save your bandwidth and don't

Linkjge

oh my god I love this game

This is pretty much everything that Kamiya promised. Bizarre, over the top, ludicrous action. Gameplay wise I was really impressed, it offers a lot more variety than standard Hack N Slash. Just for the beginning of the game it had enough combo options and abilities to not get too stale, and it's a given that there will be added power ups and specials as the game progresses to add to the mindless killing.

Only two complaints.

1. Unless you go in just mashing combos and not actually utilizing the evade button, the game can get pretty easy. Though I was forced to play on Normal.

2. Bayonetta's head to body structure is retarded

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 06, 2009, 09:22:50 AM
guns and gold rings

actually the halos have nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog, it's more of homage to the Orbs in Devil May Cry. You collect them and buy different powers, improve abilities, etc. If anything it's more of a coincidental SEGA reference

Geno

I'm gonna rent it.
Only because the reviews for it have been outstanding
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up