August 20, 2024, 06:40:33 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Instruments

Started by ?????, December 05, 2009, 10:11:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

?????

Do you guys play any instruments? If you do which ones, and for how long?

I just started to learn guitar this week. It's my brother's guitar, but he gave up on it, and now I'm going to give it a shot.
Die for Dethklok

Mando Pandango

I've gone through a few instruments and they've lasted a while but I'm still looking for one that really sticks with me. I've been playing bass for a few months now and been enjoying it way more than anything I used to play, so I'm thinking this might be it.

I used to play piano and saxophone. It's been ages since I've really played piano, so I'd imagine I'm not very good anymore, but I'm still a good sax player.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

?????

Damn, I really should be practicing guitar right now. Fuck that, there's always weekdays baddood;
Die for Dethklok

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I have a lot of shit.
I'm not that proficient with everything, but I try to learn as much as I can.

-Been playing violin for about 11 years now.
-Pretty proficient at guitar. I've got a pricey martin (ermm) simple dreadnaught acoustic (and the action on that thing is absolutely perfect) and a nicer Ibanez as well as this super cheap Squier I found which is nice for messing around and as something to bring when jamming.
-I've got a ukulele which I adore
- I have a crummy used mandolin I got off a family member.
-I have a couple of C and D harmonicas.
-An old theramin, but I think it finally went to hell. I cant get it to work.
-I have a couple of wooden flutes which I used to collect. They're modeled after kiowas, but they generally dont sound too nice. I do have a beautiful bamboo walking staff flute that my girlfriend got me for christmas last year.
She got it at some small music joint, but there's this old bohemian dude online that makes them as well. I dont think they're the same scale though.

-I've got some electronic synthy shit too, something that I'm getting into a little more now.

Mando Pandango

Theremins are awesome, man.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

the shortest route to the sea

Boognish: you are now my favorite person ever.

Piano for 12 years, which is all I really practice, that and a little drums. 6 years of clarinet, 5 years of drums. I know some bass guitar from a musical I played in. I can play a few nice wood flutes pretty nicely, but when it's a pentatonic scale...you can't go wrong.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

?????

Also what's your favorite song to play, if you have one.
Die for Dethklok

Mando Pandango

As far as bass goes, right now I'm pretty keen on Cake's cover of I Will Survive.

the shortest route to the sea

Piano, I really love the Cminor Bach Fugue, Db Chopin Prelude, and "Bucky Little Wing" by Islands. On drums, I like free jazz improvisation...but my secret dream is to take "All the Children are Dead" and turn it into a kit solo, and then learn it. It would be nigh impossible, but it would be SO EPIC.

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on December 05, 2009, 11:22:55 PM
As far as bass goes, right now I'm pretty keen on Cake's cover of I Will Survive.

I saw that performed by a few of my friends at a church thing, 'twas so awesome.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Houdini

Yes.

I started playing classical guitar in 2nd grade. I gave it up just before 7th grade.

I took up bass guitar when I gave up classical. I had lessons in bass for four years. I just stopped taking them this year.

A few months after I took up bass, I started playing electric guitar. A year later I got my own and took a few lessons on the side.

Halfway through freshman year I decided to start playing drums. I bought a used kit and gradually replaced many of the parts with better shit. I still take lessons.

Halfway through sophomore year I started studying upright bass. I still take lessons.

Now, halfway through junior year, I'm the drummer for two different bands. I've only been playing drums for two years but I learned really quickly. It's probably my best instrument at the moment.

I have a bunch of other shit lying around my house that I can sort of play - a baritone ukulele, a xylophone, some African drums. I mess around on piano and keyboards but I'm not an accomplished player at all.

sans culottes

Guitar for a year and a half, bass for a few months more than that. I took piano lessons in 4th grade but I stopped a year later and I've forgotten everything.

The best I can do is play chords and sing songs :( I want to be a folksy singer-songwriter but every time I write good lyrics I can't find the right chords, and vice-versa.
I support BUSH

YPrrrr

I played Saxaphone for 2 years I think... I  always played the songs too fast

Go Up