October 07, 2024, 07:59:55 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How do you guys...

Started by Socks, December 03, 2009, 04:21:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

deal with your serial killer, violent, and or destructive urges? I often feel intense bursts of passionate motivation to lash out at the world and do something new and refreshing. Often this manifests in desires to play god, to experiment with flesh, and to watch life suffer and end. Given the possibility of publicity in anonymity and fear through confusion, and experimentation in the human condition to its utmost, shit seems intriguing. So how do you guys resists your urge to prove yourself through violence, carnage, manipulation, and survival?

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Socks

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on December 03, 2009, 04:21:43 PM
wat

what is stopping you from saying, 'fuck it, i'm going to be Jack the Ripper for a few years, and maybe after that i'll either settle down or move on to other stuff...' and then doing it

i know i can't be the only one that wonders about this fascinating prospect

Veal

Well a large part of it is not being insane.

Veal

By the way I called the police.

Socks

December 03, 2009, 04:41:34 PM #5 Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 05:05:45 PM by Socks
Quote from: Veal on December 03, 2009, 04:27:40 PM
Well a large part of it is not being insane.

what is that exactly

Quote from: Veal on December 03, 2009, 04:28:13 PM
By the way I called the police.

Well I'm going to be a writer.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Socks on December 03, 2009, 04:25:20 PM
what is stopping you from saying, 'fuck it, i'm going to be Jack the Ripper for a few years, and maybe after that i'll either settle down or move on to other stuff...' and then doing it

i know i can't be the only one that wonders about this fascinating prospect
I wouldn't call it common. I'd be surprised if someone else here had those same urges.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Veal

snorkel

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on December 03, 2009, 05:08:51 PM
I wouldn't call it common. I'd be surprised if someone else here had those same urges.

I agree with him (Socks) completely.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Mando Pandango

Quote from: wziard on December 03, 2009, 05:28:44 PM
I agree with him (Socks) completely.
Okay fine then I guess I'd be surprised if it was common at all.

And I don't mean daydreaming about hurting people you hate whatever. I mean the serial killer shit Socks is talking about.

snorkel

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on December 03, 2009, 05:30:24 PM
Try Cocaine.

I think opiates are a much better idea
Quote from: Man of Popsicle on December 03, 2009, 05:30:58 PM

And I don't mean daydreaming about hurting people you hate whatever. I mean the serial killer shit Socks is talking about.

I have no qualms about being a hitman or a just serial killer

Mando Pandango

Quote from: wziard on December 03, 2009, 05:32:46 PM
I have no qualms about being a hitman or a just serial killer
That's lovely but I'm talking about generalities now.

Slim

Well, call me old-fashioned, but killing random people for no reason doesn't really appeal to me. :\

I think I can relate somewhat, though. Personally, I'd love to mug everyone I see and--oh I don't know--burn down buildings or some shit, just for laughs. Oh, and kidnap people's pets and release them in another state or something (or just kill them), just to see how much misery I can inflict on their owners. The reason I don't do these things is because the consequences for this sort of stuff would go against my self-interest--namely, going to prison. This is probably a good enough reason to hold back these urges.

But if society ever collapses and we return to the law of the jungle, then all bets are off.

Quote from: wziard on December 03, 2009, 05:32:46 PMI have no qualms about being a hitman or a just serial killer

Me neither, if the price were right.

But serial killer though? I just don't see the point. Seems like a waste of time.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Socks

i don't find the notion shocking or unusual, to be honest. i've always felt i had the ability along with the nagging curiosity which has also always been there. i think it unusual not to have such feelings and not to consider such things. but lately, the urges have been coming and going, and getting more intense. they're sparked by many different situations and have always crept up in other things i've done, wanted to do, or believed in. but some of those possible venues of releasing such tension and effort are closing, and who knows what's next, as we all try to figure out our lives and set up the future.

yeah. my rage (it's not really range though, it's just a desire to do something) is not directed at people i know, or people who have personally pissed me off. i want to affected perception, change attitude, and target certain things, which i wont mention. and i honestly would not have any qualms about permanently eliminating such things and causing chaos.

Go Up