October 09, 2024, 06:18:16 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Your Worst Fear

Started by rawr, December 02, 2009, 03:17:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bushy

Quote from: Walter on December 03, 2009, 07:27:01 AM
This, probably. Every time I am high up I feel like I surrounded by DEATH.
I'm not afraid of heights, but if I'm ever on a tall building I'll look down and imagine myself jumping down for some dumb reason, then I get scared.
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Thyme

Losing my sense of sight.

I'd be devastated to lose any other sense as well, but sight would just be the worst of them. I know touch is actually more important, but I'm more scared for sight.

the shortest route to the sea

I worry a little about my sense of hearing, and spiders freak me out.

I guess my worst fear has always been becoming insane, losing touch with everything, being controlled. But that kind of fear is just borne out of pride and selfishness, and I recognize that, so I try not to sweat it. In fact, I'm sort of scared of a lot of things, but at the end of the day, I consider almost everything pretty worthless. So I don't sweat it in a nihilistic sort of way? I'm not THAT negative.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

ME##

As awful as it sounds, being judged is really scary to me for some reason. awdood;

Quote from: DAVID DOWNER on December 03, 2009, 09:49:18 AM
As awful as it sounds, being judged is really scary to me for some reason. awdood;

Oh man, this. Part of the reason I'm so polite to strangers is that I'm scared of their judgements.

Again, though, I'm trying my hardest to chill out.

Mando Pandango

You guys reminded me of something that isn't really a fear but whatever. Sometimes I feel like in a lot of my groups of friends that I'm unwanted, and that they would rather hang out without me. Whenever I show up they're disappointed and their good time is ruined.

I know in a couple of groups that this isn't true, and I'd like to think most of the time it isn't true at all, but it's just something I think of really often.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Travis

Walter

Yeah. Every time Im high up I imagine myself on the edge getting pushed, or something of that nature.

?????

Losing my sanity. In junior high I was really fucking weird. I think I'm doing better now :)
Die for Dethklok

Quote from: TheSequel on December 05, 2009, 10:57:01 PM
Losing my sanity. In junior high I was really fucking weird. I think I'm doing better now :)

Amen!

Or in your case:

Ay, men.

?????

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on December 05, 2009, 11:12:24 PM
Amen!

Or in your case:

Ay, men.
Lulz I'm not really sexist. So what made you think you were going crazy? I wouldn't talk to anyone and the only friends I had were only in classes. I had only one group of friends I hung put with. And in the 9th grade geometry sucked. I didn't have any friends in that class at all. I think the root of all this might have been me being shy.
Die for Dethklok

[hedy]Zidone

Losing existing memories and/or the ability to form new ones.

Quote from: TheSequel on December 05, 2009, 11:16:12 PM
Lulz I'm not really sexist. So what made you think you were going crazy? I wouldn't talk to anyone and the only friends I had were only in classes. I had only one group of friends I hung put with. And in the 9th grade geometry sucked. I didn't have any friends in that class at all. I think the root of all this might have been me being shy.

Well, up until 7th grade I had one friend. And then I had 4 and a few acquaintences. I was pretty isolated from the get-go. I started self-abusing a bit because I felt isolated and worthless. But that wasn't the insanity part. That happend when I fell in love and got rejected very quietly. Something about what happened really pushed me hard, and then I ended up all sorts of fucked up: panic attacks and crying spells, total apathy and emptiness, these terrible mesmerizing dreams, nervous twitching, talking to myself, more self-abuse. I was pretty sure I was developing schizophrenic symptoms.

I hung on just enough until last year, when things got easier.

?????

Yeah my problem was changing school districts. The only reason I had friends in elemenantary was because I was smart and gave kids answers. I didn't want to do that again, it feels bad knowing people only like you for cheating. Now I have some good acquaintances and friends. Riding the bus makes friends easier because there's so much more time for interacting. I've always been shy, my teachers always told my mom that. I've onl had friends over like 5 or 10 times. My parents dont speak english as their first language, so I thought that would be awkward. My mom didn't really let me hang out much when I was younger. I think she tried to avoid having to speak english, she gets nervous about sounding like an idiot.

It's nice to vent. :)
Die for Dethklok

Quote from: TheSequel on December 05, 2009, 11:27:06 PM
Yeah my problem was changing school districts. The only reason I had friends in elemenantary was because I was smart and gave kids answers. I didn't want to do that again, it feels bad knowing people only like you for cheating. Now I have some good acquaintances and friends. Riding the bus makes friends easier because there's so much more time for interacting. I've always been shy, my teachers always told my mom that. I've onl had friends over like 5 or 10 times. My parents dont speak english as their first language, so I thought that would be awkward. My mom didn't really let me hang out much when I was younger. I think she tried to avoid having to speak english, she gets nervous about sounding like an idiot.

It's nice to vent. :)

I changed districts too, but by choice (which was stupid, I was only in 4th grade, I left what tiny bit of friends I had) and then ended up starting middle school and switching schools again. I never helped with cheats, and bus rides were always awful. I bike now, or get driven. It's peaceful.

The language barrier would be really hard, but there are a lot tougher things to get over in a friendship.

It is! That's why I go to therapy and post on Boyah.

Go Up