October 12, 2024, 12:22:29 PM

1,531,327 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

jay-z hates jesus

Started by sans culottes, November 30, 2009, 11:56:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Socks on November 30, 2009, 12:40:08 PM
until the earth is smashed by a giant fucking asteroid that's going to ruin your shit dust party

One glimpse is enough if my feet are on the ground.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Daddy

We succeeded in taking that picture [from deep space], and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. It's been said that astronomy is a humbling, and I might add, a character-building experience. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupToqz1e2g[/youtube]

sans culottes

Okay, so now I'm starting to think that Jay-Z is probably just an atheist or agnostic, maybe even an anti-organization christian.

Whatever he is, my respect for him is increasing.
I support BUSH

Quote from: Stagger Lee on November 30, 2009, 12:56:58 PM
Okay, so now I'm starting to think that Jay-Z is probably just an atheist or agnostic, maybe even an anti-organization christian.

Whatever he is, my respect for him is increasing.

At the absolute he's anti-Catholic, which is essentially anti-organization, 'cept it's taken to such specifics with the Catholic doctrine, which itself is rooted in fucked up people doing fucked up things. One of my favorite speakers in the world is a catholic priest, and he has a wonderful and open take on things, but he's hugely anti-establishment. The patriarchical, rich, privileged, white-centric, hetero-centric, reactionary catholic church super-structure, including all of its lobbying and political influence, (and what that does to people, by emptily seizing that name) is something one can take a stand against without having any particular denomination.

Daddy

uh one of my videos was immortal technique and jay-z does have some religious songs but he's not a moron like some people so he's probably not too fond of certain religious things. baddood;

Slim

Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Socks

?????

Die for Dethklok

Quote from: TheSequel on November 30, 2009, 01:29:39 PM
i c wut u did thar

Me and Slim go waaaaaayyy back, back to '06 and all. "way back" meaning we really don't interact except for him to say something about how he dislikes my posting style. I'm glad he's going back to basics. Good to see you, slim.

I actually have been kind of posting a lot about me and my shit tonight, so I take a bit of truth in what he says and tell the rest to shove off as usual.

Socks

Slim

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 30, 2009, 01:31:43 PM
Me and Slim go waaaaaayyy back, back to '06 and all. "way back" meaning we really don't interact except for him to say something about how he dislikes my posting style. I'm glad he's going back to basics. Good to see you, slim.

I actually have been kind of posting a lot about me and my shit tonight, so I take a bit of truth in what he says and tell the rest to shove off as usual.

Booooring

Talk about the patriarchical, rich, privileged, white-centric, hetero-centric, reactionary catholic church super-structure again. I really liked that part; it was very interesting. Do go on about it, please.
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Quote from: Slim on November 30, 2009, 01:41:11 PM
Booooring

Talk about the patriarchical, rich, privileged, white-centric, hetero-centric, reactionary catholic church super-structure again. I really liked that part; it was very interesting. Do go on about it, please.

blah blah blah blah blah motherfucker blah

Slim

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 30, 2009, 02:14:12 PM
blah blah blah blah blah motherfucker blah

Is that how I sound to you? <333

Go Up