July 08, 2024, 10:43:58 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Suggest PS2 games

Started by bluaki, November 28, 2009, 12:21:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

November 28, 2009, 12:21:42 PM Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 04:07:22 PM by bluaki
I have a PS2, but like, I never actually use it because all I have on it is... Persona 3. I was given it and a couple silly games (some harry potter thing and RPG Maker 2) a few years ago for Christmas.

So like, suggest some games. Being so late in time, I probably can get them all cheap(ish) from Gamestop as used. Just a couple notes:
I don't like racing, fighting, or FPS games.
I'd rather not get stuff with excessive realistic violence/blood/gore/etc; I don't know if my mom would even let me have M games with those elements
RPGs are fine, but I'd prefer things that are adventure, platform, or puzzle. If there are notable sandbox games, I like those too.

From what I've looked at lately:
Katamari Damacy series looks great. Which one should I start with?
I might or might not like Metal Gear Solid series. Again, which one is good to start with?

Videos would be nice, too.

Hiro

Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari are basically the same, so either is good.
For Metal Gear Solid, get Metal Gear Solid Essentials, it has 1, 2, and 3, for $30. thumbup;
Okami is one of the best Zelda games ever. <3

And last but not least, SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS THE POWER OF GOD

spaceman

Shadow of the Colossus
MGS1-3
Devil May Cry 1 & 3
Ico
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil 4
Okami

YPrrrr

Dark Cloud/Dark Cloud 2

I also liked Kingdom Hearts despite people being down on it

bluaki

November 28, 2009, 03:57:25 PM #4 Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 04:01:31 PM by bluaki
Quote from: fluxus on November 28, 2009, 02:21:42 PM
Devil May Cry 1 & 3

Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil 4
What exactly is Devil May Cry's gameplay about? From what little I know of it, I'd probably not like it anyways.

I don't like survival horror games either.
Shadow of the Colossus
Ico
Okami
Those all look pretty good.
But as for Okami, is there much difference between the PS2 and Wii versions? Considering I have both systems, which would be better to get?

Also Dark Cloud looks nice, I'll try that as well.

spaceman

Quote from: bluaki on November 28, 2009, 03:57:25 PM
What exactly is Devil May Cry's gameplay about? From what little I know of it, I'd probably not like it anyways.

It's basically hack and slash action with gunplay and swords and demons and the like. I don't know if you'd like it, seeing as you don't want too much violence/gore/etc. I don't know, watch some videos. Don't play 2 though. It's disgraceful.

Quote from: bluaki on November 28, 2009, 03:57:25 PM
But as for Okami, is there much difference between the PS2 and Wii versions? Considering I have both systems, which would be better to get?

I heard the Wii version is good, but also that they could have done much more with the controls and that the PS2 original is the way to go.

Quote from: bluaki on November 28, 2009, 12:21:42 PM
I might or might not like Metal Gear Solid series. Again, which one is good to start with?

Play by order of release. First one, then two, then three, then four. DO NOT play in the order the story goes (which is 3, 1, 2, 4). I cannot stress this enough.

Geno

Metal Gear Solid series is a must
Final Fantasy X and XII
Ratchet and Clank games are amazing.
Jak & Daxter series
Sly Cooper series
Kingdom Hearts oh god

Those were the games I played most.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

The artist formally known

Shadow of the Colossus
MGS1-3
Devil May Cry 1 & 3
Ico
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil 4
Okami

These are all of the best ones. Silent Hill 2's Greatest Hits version has some extra content by the way.

YPrrrr

Quote from: GENOP on November 28, 2009, 08:12:29 PM
Metal Gear Solid series is a must
Final Fantasy X and XII
Ratchet and Clank games are amazing.
Jak & Daxter series
Sly Cooper series
Kingdom Hearts oh god

Those were the games I played most.
Yeah sly cooper was fun although easy

ncba93ivyase

gradius v since you need a shmup and it's the only bearable shmup to have come to america on the ps2

And whatever you do, don't get Odin Sphere. It looks really nice and you'd think a 2D action RPG would be good, but it's awful.

but yeah the mgs series, san andreas, and persona 4 are the most essential games

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV on December 03, 2009, 11:59:52 PM
Valkyrie Profile 2
jimmy why do you like the valkyria profile series so much and why should i play them

I genuinely want to know because I need more PS2 games.

also zone of the enders is supposed to be really good and i might get them soon

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Geno

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 04, 2009, 01:09:22 AM
jimmy why do you like the valkyria profile series so much and why should i play them

I genuinely want to know because I need more PS2 games.

also zone of the enders is supposed to be really good and i might get them soon
My friends were addicted to that series for the longest time. I know nothing about it though.
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Cookie

You seem to already have your mind set on Katamari, which is what I would suggest. There are others but from what I understand you will not like them.

Geno

Quote from: Cookie on December 04, 2009, 02:34:22 AM
You seem to already have your mind set on Katamari, which is what I would suggest. There are others but from what I understand you will not like them.
The new katamari games are fine it's just that it's the same damn game as the PS2 version. It get's really repetitive.

Go Up