October 16, 2024, 06:42:07 PM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

if you could pick one person to represent all of humanity...

Started by Samus Aran, November 28, 2009, 12:16:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

?????

What if we find them. OP didn't say aliens found us, so now were just talking hypothetically. So then hypothetically we would be superior.
Die for Dethklok

YPrrrr

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 28, 2009, 04:41:40 PM
I'd like the aliens to see this man and say: "Here is the embodiment of human spirituality and community turned into an activist momentum. Here is what makes the humans good, brings them together and gives them purpose without mindlessly killing each other."

Let's face it; if there are aliens we make contact with, they will be technologically superior to us, and thus capable of blowing us up if it's clear that we're a rabid bunch of apes.
They might not hold gandhi on such a high platform. Non-violence could be interpreted as weakness rather than inspiration depending on their priorities as a culture. I doubt an alien race would have avoided killing their own race at some point in time anyway even though that's just speculation
Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 28, 2009, 04:57:34 PM
If the aliens used radio waves to communicate, or in fact any sort of wave, we would pick it up if they were in any reasonable distance. They're are no such signals, thus they gotta be far. To assemble a group of ships, detect us, and fly here would take a lot of resources and planning, as well as interstellar engines and fuel techniques that we don't have. Their superiority is a necessity of contact, until we get our own ships properly up and running.
We could find them sometime down the road as well... They haven't made contact with us yet so who's to say we're not currently in the frontrunning for this contact?

Samus Aran

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lain on November 28, 2009, 05:18:35 PM
or have they?
Actually we made first contact when "one small step for man" crushed the entire population of microscopic moon people who had gathered to greet the visitors, thus becoming one large genocidal step for moonkind.

The government covered it up

?????

Quote from: Lain on November 28, 2009, 05:18:35 PM
or have they?
dun dun dun
The world may never know. What if we are all perceiving different realities, and none of this will matter. And n the end we awaken from cryogenic freeze and return to our bretheren in utopia.
Die for Dethklok

Samus Aran

?????

Quote from: Lain on November 28, 2009, 05:27:46 PM
or maybe we'll just die idk
No there must be something behind this elaborate illusion, if you don't understand you're ignorant. I hope you're not ignorant and that you understand. Now if any have I offended speak now.
Die for Dethklok

Samus Aran

i actually don't believe that this is our only "life," i was just joking

?????

Yeah I wasn't being serious either. Did anyone catch the Julius Caesar reference..
Die for Dethklok

Skylark

the book of right on

Socks

Geno

Quote from: Socks on November 28, 2009, 09:24:40 PM
ghandi is fucking overrated
Yeah I don't see why everyone thinks ben kingsley is such a good actor. He's such a faggot.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Skylark on November 28, 2009, 05:51:16 PM
bjork

"Greetings, Earthling."
"Hæ!"
"What are the ways of your people?"
"Well, we're all terribly terribly moody. Then all of a sudden turn happy. Human Behavior!."
"I see. How long has your civilization been around?"
"We have been dabbling outside the mountain for quite some time."
"And how has your society evolved?"
"By fucking in rhythm and sorrow."

I could see this going on and on and on and on. Even if the aliens would push the big red button on us, it'd be worth it to have this clip.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Nyerp

Quote from: YPR on November 28, 2009, 05:23:15 PM
Actually we made first contact when "one small step for man" crushed the entire population of microscopic moon people who had gathered to greet the visitors, thus becoming one large genocidal step for moonkind.

The government covered it up

No, Neil Armstrong's FOOT covered it up!!! :D

Skylark

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 29, 2009, 12:37:51 AM
"Greetings, Earthling."
"Hæ!"
"What are the ways of your people?"
"Well, we're all terribly terribly moody. Then all of a sudden turn happy. Human Behavior!."
"I see. How long has your civilization been around?"
"We have been dabbling outside the mountain for quite some time."
"And how has your society evolved?"
"By fucking in rhythm and sorrow."

I could see this going on and on and on and on. Even if the aliens would push the big red button on us, it'd be worth it to have this clip.

it's perfect.
one celestial being greets another
the book of right on

Go Up