October 16, 2024, 08:29:40 PM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

if you could pick one person to represent all of humanity...

Started by Samus Aran, November 28, 2009, 12:16:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

?????

Die for Dethklok

?????

Quote from: wziard on November 28, 2009, 03:28:34 PM
because he was an idiot?
How? I don't see how he wouldn't make a good ambassador. He'd make us look good.. right?
Die for Dethklok

spaceman

?????

Die for Dethklok

YPrrrr

Any of these:

Saladin
Budda
Pope John Paul II
Gandhi
Dali Lama
Einstein

My top choice would probably be Frederick II of Prussia because he believed in religious toleration and was a fan of the arts and philosophy, while also being a capable military ruler. A balance of these traits seems idea especially when one does not interfere with the other

the shortest route to the sea

That is a very well-informed and considered choice. But could he inspire as many as Gandhi did?

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

?????

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 28, 2009, 04:34:51 PM
That is a very well-informed and considered choice. But could he inspire as many as Gandhi did?
That doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good ambassador, just means he was more popular.
Die for Dethklok

Quote from: TheSequel on November 28, 2009, 04:37:08 PM
That doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good ambassador, just means he was more popular.

I'd like the aliens to see this man and say: "Here is the embodiment of human spirituality and community turned into an activist momentum. Here is what makes the humans good, brings them together and gives them purpose without mindlessly killing each other."

Let's face it; if there are aliens we make contact with, they will be technologically superior to us, and thus capable of blowing us up if it's clear that we're a rabid bunch of apes.

Hiro

If we find aliens they'll likely be giant shrimp with dog legs

?????

Why the hell do they have to be superior? What if we're equals? Anyways, yeah I see what you mean.
Die for Dethklok

If the aliens used radio waves to communicate, or in fact any sort of wave, we would pick it up if they were in any reasonable distance. They're are no such signals, thus they gotta be far. To assemble a group of ships, detect us, and fly here would take a lot of resources and planning, as well as interstellar engines and fuel techniques that we don't have. Their superiority is a necessity of contact, until we get our own ships properly up and running.

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Go Up