August 20, 2024, 05:50:18 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Listening to the Beatles for the first time

Started by Bushy, November 26, 2009, 12:03:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bushy

thumbup;

I've only got the Magical Mystery Tour CD. I want more giggle;
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

ncba93ivyase

the white album is the only album of theirs i find remotely bearable, and i consider it quite good

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

What the fuck, you've never listened to the Beatles before? goonish

I still need to get all the remasters. I just have Sgt Pepper's and 1.   saddood;

Samus Aran

Magical Mystery Tour is an odd place to start. I highly suggest getting either Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road, or Revolver next. Those are the three most essential Beatles albums if you ask me. White Album would be right after those three, and then Rubber Soul (though oddly i prefer it over White), and then the order after that is pretty skewed.

Personally, it goes like this for me:

Abbey Road > Revolver > Sgt. Pepper > Rubber Soul > White Album > Magical Mystery Tour > A Hard Day's Night > Let It Be > Help!

The other albums I don't have yet, at least not as whole pieces. I have a lot of the songs from them on compilations and various downloaded tracks.

YPrrrr

Bushy

Quote from: Lain on November 26, 2009, 12:16:50 PM
Magical Mystery Tour is an odd place to start. I highly suggest getting either Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road, or Revolver next. Those are the three most essential Beatles albums if you ask me. White Album would be right after those three, and then Rubber Soul (though oddly i prefer it over White), and then the order after that is pretty skewed.

Personally, it goes like this for me:

Abbey Road > Revolver > Sgt. Pepper > Rubber Soul > White Album > Magical Mystery Tour > A Hard Day's Night > Let It Be > Help!

The other albums I don't have yet, at least not as whole pieces. I have a lot of the songs from them on compilations and various downloaded tracks.
Thanks for the tip, Kaz.

Quote from: Hïro on November 26, 2009, 12:12:18 PM
What the fuck, you've never listened to the Beatles before? goonish

I still need to get all the remasters. I just have Sgt Pepper's and 1.   saddood;
Quote from: YPR on November 26, 2009, 12:19:52 PM
How do you avoid the Beatles for this long
I've listened to it before, but I didn't know.

>.<

Hiro

YPrrrr

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Hïro on November 26, 2009, 12:33:06 PM
is it because you're black  wariodood;
maybe he just doesn't like lame pop music from before his time

idk

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I dont know, when I started listening to them I got that feeling that I was one of the few people that was really discovering them.
Obviously that's fucking dumb, but I absolutely obsessed over their music.
And I still do to a degree.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on November 26, 2009, 01:01:12 PM
And I still do to a degree.

Same here, they're one of the few bands I can obsess over pretty much any time, even when I think I'm in the mood for something else.

Bushy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2009, 12:57:44 PM
maybe he just doesn't like lame pop music from before his time

idk
This. I knew the Beatles were awesome but I never made an effort to listen to it.

the shortest route to the sea

I don't listen to them as much actively anymore, but whenever a song comes on I'm immediately taken to where they are in the most wonderful way possible.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Pyrate

Quote from: Lain on November 26, 2009, 12:16:50 PM

Why do you have Help! so low? :(

Samus Aran

Quote from: Pyrate on November 27, 2009, 11:04:34 AM
Why do you have Help! so low? :(

Well, for one thing, I haven't listened to it enough. I might even like it more than Let It Be if I really get into it more...but there's nooooooo way it could ever be better than their other late albums and Hard Day's Night. HDN is, in my opinion, the ultimate in the Beatles' "silly pop songs" era.

Go Up