August 20, 2024, 08:03:55 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ANIMUS ANNIE MAYS ANIME

Started by ncba93ivyase, November 25, 2009, 03:04:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

what the hell have you rat bastards watched

Since I left this shitty little forum, I've been watching loads. Some of the absolute bests were Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Cyber City Oedo, Welcome to the NHK (and i've officially become the main character now yay), and Clannad.

If you haven't watched all of the above, you suck.

I watched like 20 other series and while I have a Becky icon, Pani Poni Dash honestly doesn't make it into my top 10 series. becky's just really cool and kawaii uguuu~_^ though

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Oh man I've been meaning to watch Clannad, I've heard it's amazing.

Recently I've watched Serial Experiments Lain and Full Metal Panic!, which were both great in very different ways.

Also, I have watched several animu films lately. I just watched Tokyo Godfathers last night, actually. Great movie, as expected from Satoshi Kon. Also watched his film Millennium Actress recently which was even better, as well as non-Kon films like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Voices From a Distant Star.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Lain on November 25, 2009, 04:32:06 AM
Oh man I've been meaning to watch Clannad, I've heard it's amazing.

Recently I've watched Serial Experiments Lain and Full Metal Panic!, which were both great in very different ways.

Also, I have watched several animu films lately. I just watched Tokyo Godfathers last night, actually. Great movie, as expected from Satoshi Kon. Also watched his film Millennium Actress recently which was even better, as well as non-Kon films like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Voices From a Distant Star.
I watched FUll Metal Panic.

It was, uh, okay I guess.

I've had Serial Experiments Lain on my hard drive for a few months, but after watching a few episodes of the abomination that is Texhnolyze, I'm reluctant to watch it. The two are often compared so I can't imagine it being good at all.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Well I've only seen like six episodes of Texhnolyze, and all I really remember about it was that it was incredibly slow-paced. Yeah, both are cyberpunk animus, but I don't really know their similarities too well.

Lain is more directly involved in the confusion of barriers between the "real world" and the Wired (internet), as well as the breaking down of those barriers, questions of personal identity, communication, and lots of other stuff.

It doesn't really have a cohesive "plot" so to speak, and it's all really subjective to how well you trust the characters and it's all really ambiguous and indecisive.

Oh

Watched a lot of Lupin The Third.

ncba93ivyase

Claquesous

Just got finished watching Mononoke. Pretty cool. Watched all of Serial Experiments Lain last weekend, and all of Darker Than Black the weekend before that. Loved Lain, although it was weird and I can't really make sense of it. Also loved DtB, but the second season is a huge letdown. Not nearly as much action or cool characters as the first.

And apparently Mononoke was a spinoff of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, so I might watch that sometime soon.

Daddy

Quote from: Claquesous on November 25, 2009, 03:11:16 PM
Just got finished watching Mononoke. Pretty cool. Watched all of Serial Experiments Lain last weekend, and all of Darker Than Black the weekend before that. Loved Lain, although it was weird and I can't really make sense of it. Also loved DtB, but the second season is a huge letdown. Not nearly as much action or cool characters as the first.

And apparently Mononoke was a spinoff of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, so I might watch that sometime soon.
LAWLZ THINKS YOU'RE A PUSSY FOR WATCHING SOMETHING WITH THE WORD PRINCESS IN THE TITLE BTW

Claquesous

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Claquesous on November 25, 2009, 03:11:16 PM

Darker Than Black is on my list of things to watch, so I'll torrent it sometime.

I have 3 other series already downloaded I might start first.

Go Up