August 20, 2024, 06:28:28 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hai guys i noo owl city before it was popular

Started by Daddy, November 22, 2009, 02:39:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: Lain on November 22, 2009, 04:38:06 PM
you seriously stop listening to something just because it becomes popular? doodthing;

I actually still listen to him, but I don't really enjoy it as much. I agree that it's stupid but whatever.

Veal

Owl City is not a Postal Service ripoff. That's a huge affront to Postal Service. Does everyone just say that because Postal Service is the only other electronica group they've heard of?

Maybe him and LIGHTS will get married and produce the ultimate in trite electrosynthpop ballads, him sighing out strung together words about nothing just because they rhyme and her kind of whispering into the vocalizer about all the break-ups she never went through.

Geno

Quote from: Lain on November 22, 2009, 05:36:07 PM
is that a lol in agreement

but yeah if i were to discourage strongbad from listening to owl city it would be because he sucks, not because he's popular
fuck you
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Geno

oh and while it's annoying that everybody listens to him now that he was on MTV I still think not listening to him altogether is a little silly.
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Daddy

Quote from: Veal on November 23, 2009, 12:27:59 AMDoes everyone just say that because Postal Service is the only other electronica group they've heard of?
this whole time i thought it was because the guy from owl city sounded like a crappy version of ben gibbard

Veal

Quote from: JMV on November 23, 2009, 03:23:01 AM
this whole time i thought it was because the guy from owl city sounded like a crappy version of ben gibbard

well I don't know why you thought that because HE TOTALLY DOESN'T

Daddy

Quote from: Veal on November 23, 2009, 03:27:46 AM
well I don't know why you thought that because HE TOTALLY DOESN'T
oh sorry a shitty version. baddood;

Veal

Quote from: JMV on November 23, 2009, 03:29:11 AM
oh sorry a shitty version. baddood;

NO HE JUST SOUNDS LIKE A SHITTY VERSION OF ADAM YOUNG

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Wrench

Samus Aran

Quote from: Veal on November 23, 2009, 12:27:59 AM
Owl City is not a Postal Service ripoff. That's a huge affront to Postal Service. Does everyone just say that because Postal Service is the only other electronica group they've heard of?

Yeah I don't get the Postal Service for preteens vibe either, really. If anything, Owl City is an electronic version of Never Shout Never, who Hensa also enjoys and I despise.

Geno

Wrench

YPrrrr

The only Postal Office song that reminds me at all of Owl City is Such Great Heights... Which is one of their more well known songs, so I can only assume that's where the comparison comes from

the shortest route to the sea

Postal service, Aubrey.

Postal service.

I refuse to see them as childish and preteeny. It's dreamy, sure, but the music is a lot more mature.

I music group I was in at an arts camp did a version of Such Great Heights...with handbells. It was probably the most beautiful thing I've ever taken part in.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up