August 20, 2024, 09:53:05 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Snorkel. Or anyone else really. Carry on.

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, November 19, 2009, 01:43:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Hey.
I've been looking into Korg's electribe  emx1 and it's kind of intriguing. There was a band that came around and incorporated it into their set without it sounding like a bunch of trancy bullshit, which is what I'm finding on youtube. I was really impressed with some of the sounds they were getting out of it. They were doing some great dub/reggae/space cadet stuff.
Have you had any experience with it? Piece of shit or decent equipment?

My money jar's pretty empty at the moment, but time fixes that.
Worth the investment?

Thanks thanks.

me003

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on November 19, 2009, 01:43:11 PM
Hey.
I've been looking into Korg's electribe  emx1 and it's kind of intriguing. There was a band that came around and incorporated it into their set without it sounding like a bunch of trancy bullshit, which is what I'm finding on youtube. I was really impressed with some of the sounds they were getting out of it. They were doing some great dub/reggae/space cadet stuff.
Have you had any experience with it? Piece of shit or decent equipment?

My money jar's pretty empty at the moment, but time fixes that.
Worth the investment?

Thanks thanks.

is that the blue one cuz i have the pink one SX, and although when i got it many years ago ($500) it was the most confusing thing ive ever seen. I since then tried to sell it on craigslist with no luck, but then I've also been making beats in fl studio and now like 5 years or more later i kinda undstand it and I'm really glad I kept it. 
But moving on i dont really know the difference between the two, and I like really weird electro sounds so I haven't found to many things on it other than saw basses and the manipulation is really limited...its basically a rompler.
Is it worth the money.......I'd say try to find it used because it's really up to you if you bother using it enough to get your money out of it. But it has got a lot of potential to make noise.     I don't know if this helped. Also I have seen a picture of Madlib's studio and it had the SX in it.. .. I have no idea if he uses it that much but I know he makes some of the best hip hop so there's a little credibility.        yea i think its good for dub n exactly what you wrote down......but thats also what im interested in making.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Yeah, it's the blue one.
I love toying around with hardware or any instrument for that matter, so I've avoided FL and other soft synths in favor of getting my hands dirty on equip.

It does look difficult to program but if I spoink down a couple hundred on something, I'll take the time to learn the ins and outs a few times over.

Thanks for your input.

snorkel

I've never used it, my setup is all old analog synths and drum machines

Go Up