July 08, 2024, 10:56:19 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PS3 Or XBox 360?

Started by Minus;, November 15, 2009, 04:52:11 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

I have both so my opinion doesn't matter. But I would go with a PS3, because i had to buy a new 360 because mine keeled over.

Tomboh

Go for the PS3, bro.

Raisins:

-More diverse exclusives, such as Demon's Souls, The Last Guardian, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2, Ratchet and Clank games, Disgaea, God of War (all three of the console ones), Resistance 1 and 2, Gran Turismo, Uncharted 1 and 2, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles, MAG,  InFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Katamari Forever, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Motorstorm, Valkyria Chronicles (fuck year), and a bunch more that aren't as hyped that may interest you. Especially if you plan to get a laptop later on that might be able to play some PC games, you wouldn't want to get a 360. There are very few good 360 exclusives.

-RRoD lol. Sure, Xbros like to state how the service to get their 360 replaced or fixed is fast and easy, but what happens when consoles go into the next generation and your warranty runs out? To keep playing the games you have you either have to A. Buy Microsoft's next console (assuming its backwards compatible), or B. Search around for a used 360 to buy (which will probably break relatively soon anyways). It's either those two options or you just sell all the games, which is a real waste of money.

"Perhaps unsurprisingly Microsoftââ,¬â,,¢s Xbox 360 came in first (last?), with 60% of the respondents indicating that their 360 had failed at some point. Sonyââ,¬â,,¢s PlayStation 3 broke for 16% of those who took part in the poll, while the Wii stopped working for just 6%." - http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/11/17/cnet-survey-60-percent-360s-fail

"Game Informer's survey of 5,000 console owners finds over half Microsoft's machines fail once, 41.2% fail twice; 10.6% of PS3s, 6.8% of Wiis also reported defective." - http://www.gamespot.com/news/6215590.html

A failure rate of over 50% is just unacceptable.

-Why pay $50 a year for online gaming just so you can play with your friends? You're already paying enough to buy all the games your friends have because you have to follow your group of friend's interests like a lemming if you don't want to play with Live's retarded online community.

-A PS3 is cheaper over the course of a few years compared to getting a 360 and paying for Live.

Idk man, if you want to get a 360 to just play with your bros, then go ahead. I just know that I didn't sacrifice superior games and money to play some Halo with my friends, and I haven't regretted that decision.

Geno

If you get a 360 just for halo you're a fucking moron anyway
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Tomboh

Quote from: GENOP on November 22, 2009, 01:17:14 PM
If you get a 360 just for halo you're a fucking moron anyway
well you can replace "halo" with "the game of the month" if you want

Minus;

Well if i don't get an xbox these two friends of mine are going to buy it for me anyways.
i don't want them to but they will.
Even if i try to reject it.

Its weird when someone likes you a lot and they want to buy you things.
They want to pay for my live too because i said id rather a ps3 so i don't pay for live. And they were like 'dude ill pay it for you'

So...idk. cause ps3 would probably be better.

Hiro

Quote from: justjack on November 22, 2009, 01:40:05 PM
Well if i don't get an xbox these two friends of mine are going to buy it for me anyways.
i don't want them to but they will.
Even if i try to reject it.

Its weird when someone likes you a lot and they want to buy you things.
They want to pay for my live too because i said id rather a ps3 so i don't pay for live. And they were like 'dude ill pay it for you'

So...idk. cause ps3 would probably be better.

you have the greatest friends ever  baddood;

Tomboh

my friend let me stay over for pizza a few times

Minus;

Quote from: Hïro on November 22, 2009, 01:42:07 PM
you have the greatest friends ever  baddood;

Its not that their great, its that one of them has money.
And 'is in love' with me.

Which i feel bad about. And i don't like accepting gifts.

ncba93ivyase

PStriple: great exclusives, generally half-assed ports of multiplatform titles.

360: dumbed down PC games and nothing more. Anything that's worthwhile eventually gets a superior release on the PS3.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Geno

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 25, 2009, 02:45:08 AM
PStriple: great exclusives, generally half-assed ports of multiplatform titles.

360: dumbed down PC games and nothing more. Anything that's worthwhile eventually gets a superior release on the PS3.
fuck yeah Lawlz is back
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up