July 08, 2024, 11:01:00 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MENUdo: Why you should buy a flashcart for your DS

Started by strongbad, November 11, 2009, 04:37:02 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Alright, some backstory:
About a year ago, an individual by the name of soulanger posted that he was creating a new homebrew menu for the DS that looked pretty slick. A few months went by without much new information, and eventually interest started to drop in this new menu. I found a MENUdo development site over the summer that was very active, which led me to believe that the project could actually become something cool. Anyway, somebody made a MENUdo thread a few days ago and soulanger has started to post some of the new features, which i personally cannot wait for.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189913&st=8

If you are interested, skim through that thread, but I'll outline it for you:
-Sends what game you're playing to your facebook for updates
-Same as above for Twitter
-Messenger between DSs
-Gamercard system that looks like these:

More stuff from soul's post:
QuoteA lot of unique and innovative wifi features. It does not have Web Browser. Currently it has a Messaging system, Realtime Wifi .Sav Backup to MENUdo's official site, GamerTag, Game Page(Navigate and Get FAQs, Cheats, FCs, Boxart, AR codes, and alot more -- think of it as visiting GameFAQs in your DS, by just pressing X then GamePages) and a lot more. I'll detail these features in the incoming days

Also the themes are really sexy:
[spoiler]

MENUdo - Liquid

MENUdo - DSi

Megaman - MENUdo Tribute

MENUdo - Virtue
[/spoiler]

The only thing is that as of right now, no flashcart supports rom loading directly from MENUdo. Soul says that he had support for a specific cart who were very interested in making a new cart just for MENUdo, but they stopped contacting Soul. Hopefully this gets worked out.

Also there are legal ways to dump your own roms, so you could get MENUdo without breaking the law at all. You can also back up your old saves to your flashcart.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

strongbad

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on November 11, 2009, 04:53:25 AM
Also, the "Liquid" theme is PSP.

Yeah, he originally wanted to make an XMB theme for the DS. I've seen it in motion and it's so sexy.

Cookie

Yeah, it looks cool. I don't think I would get it because I don't really need any of that and just use my DS to play games. Still is very cool, and neat what they can do now with homebrewing.

I remember when I thought being able to burn Dreamcast games and play them made me a badass modder.  >.<

Dullahan

Quote from: Cookie on November 11, 2009, 06:49:15 AM
I remember when I thought being able to burn Dreamcast games and play them made me a badass modder.  >.<
I'm misreading this. Are you saying that you've gone beyond that stage of "modding"? Or that you thought you were good enough there at one point, but then later disregarded it?

Or neither? You could have broken reality too.

strongbad

He means that he thought that he was a badass modder when he was simply burning DC games when in reality that is nothing compared to stuff like MENUdo.

Cookie

Quote from: GUOB on November 11, 2009, 12:58:39 PM
He means that he thought that he was a badass modder when he was simply burning DC games when in reality that is nothing compared to stuff like MENUdo.

Yeah this.

I realize my sentence structure was lacking.

Dullahan

strongbad

So I posted in his thread and Soulanger recognized me from like a year ago and says that he'll let me try out the latest beta build wooooo

If anybody with a flashcart wants to give it a whirl let me know.

C.Mongler

I think it would be cook if it worked wiht Raptr  giggle;

strongbad

Quote from: C Mongler on November 15, 2009, 11:18:04 AM
I think it would be cook if it worked wiht Raptr  giggle;

It's probably possible, since i know that it supports add-ons and stuff.
But it already has Twitter updates for what games you're playing and stuff so that is a lot like Raptr in itself.

Go Up