October 05, 2024, 04:17:24 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Is this like the new thing or something...

Started by Selkie, November 05, 2009, 08:36:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

There have been at least 3 obvious movies that had some sort of lame interactive promotion campaign.

First was District 9, that had the commercials with the families and stuff and said how to stay safe against an alien.

Then 2012 had that world leader voting commercial and shit, and that big interactive website too.

Now the new Avatar movie(which looks pretty cool) has an interactive website about the minerals and shit on the planet.

It raises an interesting question about media promotion and how new technology is allowing the promoters to immerse us deeper into the story lines. What are your thoughts?

Veal

NOTHING IS LAME ABOUT IT District 9's was awesome they had fake blogs and alien languages and websites and shiiiiiiiiiiit and the best part is, it made me interested in the movie without giving away any of the plot. If the "old thing" is watching a trailer for a movie you want to see and then it gives away 5 twists in a minute's time and spoils the whole thing, which happens at least once before every movie I go to see in theatres, then good riddance.

The artist formally known

Blair Witch Project did this a long time ago, it's okay I guess (the advertising, not the movie.)

the shortest route to the sea

Hell, Muse did it with the whole "Eurasia" thing on their site. It's an effective tool to immerse in a future reality, and then idealize that reality, and make it fun.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up