October 04, 2024, 10:24:05 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Why does it have to be this way?

Started by sans culottes, October 29, 2009, 06:20:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Title

October 29, 2009, 08:17:15 AM #15 Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:20:44 AM by Title
Quote from: Stagger Lee on October 29, 2009, 06:50:07 AM
You like seeing good people getting fucked by the law just for smoking weed?
I never said that. Good people are going to get fucked over all the time. That doesn't mean a bill needs to be passed.

Quote from: JMV on October 29, 2009, 07:32:43 AM
hi im title.

liberals want to legalize weed therefore i'm against it hurp durp
Totally dude. You've got me all figured out. Considering legalization of weed really has very little to do with political standpoints and considering I'm about as socially liberal as you can get, it's totally logical to assume that I'm against legalization because liberals are for it. There are a shitload of conservatives for it as well. Herp derp.

It's not right for the Government to be in control of  the prices for anything, and that includes weed. See how much fun you're having when you're paying 50 dollars per gram just in taxes. Trust me, as long as you're smart about not getting caught, legalization will do nothing but hurt the stoner community.

sans culottes

Legalization may... but would decriminalization really hurt?
I support BUSH

Daddy

Quote from: Title on October 29, 2009, 08:17:15 AM
I never said that. Good people are going to get fucked over all the time. That doesn't mean a bill needs to be passed.
It does when the only benefit to criminalization is protecting corporate interests of:
1. Private prison industry
2. Tobacco Industry
3. Corn industry (corn ethanol)
4. Oil industry
5. Previously DuPont. Not entirely sure if it's true anymore (Hemp fiber directly in conflict with nylon)

What are actual legal benefits of criminalization other than "oh durrrrrr i will have to pay more somehow for it". That isn't going to fly in the senate.

QuoteTotally dude. You've got me all figured out. Considering legalization of weed really has very little to do with political standpoints and considering I'm about as socially liberal as you can get, it's totally logical to assume that I'm against legalization because liberals are for it. There are a shitload of conservatives for it as well. Herp derp.
Says the guy with Reagan, a man who put the "war on drugs" into full drive, in his sig

It's not right for the Government to be in control of  the prices for anything, and that includes weed.
You're an idiot.
No serious debate would include "lol weed is going to be more expensive" as a reason to keep it illegal. That would only condone illegal activity.

QuoteSee how much fun you're having when you're paying 50 dollars per gram just in taxes.
Where are you getting these figures?

Currently in Oakland the tax on medical marijuana is 18 dollars per 1000 dollars. At 20 per g that's about 50 sales of a gram each.
50/18=$2.77 tax per gram. Slightly higher than the tax per box of cigarettes in the northeast.  Factor in that the high cost of weed is due to risk (why charge close to production costs when getting caught can lead to life in jail when you can charge for the risk of that) and the cost will remain abut the same, give or take a few dollars.

QuoteTrust me, as long as you're smart about not getting caught, legalization will do nothing but hurt the stoner community.
How about you pass laws based on what's logical and not what's "omg my weed is more money". No one cares about "the stoner community". You're condoning an illegal action as a reason to keep something illegal.

Sillbury

Kalahari Inkantation

Daddy

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: JMV on October 29, 2009, 01:38:50 PM
heroin mixed with benadryl

You can get high on benadryl? Holy shit, I just took two! Nice!

Or does it not work that way befuddlement

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

YPrrrr

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 29, 2009, 01:48:24 PM
You can get high on benadryl? Holy shit, I just took two! Nice!

Or does it not work that way befuddlement
It does, you just have to keep going

Not advisable

Quote from: YPR on October 29, 2009, 01:56:25 PM
It does, you just have to keep going

Not advisable

Oh, damn. Writing a physics lab high sounds really fun.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 29, 2009, 01:58:11 PM
Oh, damn. Writing a physics lab high sounds really fun.
I've heard it kind of sucks lol

Quote from: YPR on October 29, 2009, 02:06:01 PM
I've heard it kind of sucks lol

I would enjoy mindfucking my teacher, as well as getting all enthusiastic about it, like: "Holy shit...so when you put this fuckton of energy on the electron, you can't actually get the velocity to go faster than light, even on the electron...meaning that kinetic energy as we know it is fucked up and wrong...and implying that there is such a thing as the contraction of mass at high speeds, relativistic mass. let me be the first to say: holy shit spacetime"

YPrrrr

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 29, 2009, 02:08:50 PM
I would enjoy mindfucking my teacher, as well as getting all enthusiastic about it, like: "Holy shit...so when you put this fuckton of energy on the electron, you can't actually get the velocity to go faster than light, even on the electron...meaning that kinetic energy as we know it is fucked up and wrong...and implying that there is such a thing as the contraction of mass at high speeds, relativistic mass. let me be the first to say: holy shit spacetime"
Ok if the imaginary spiders crawling all over your room don't get you first n_u

snorkel

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 29, 2009, 02:08:50 PM

diphenhydramine "high" is not like that, it's like dry shitty delirium, and not even enough to feel dissociated

also you need at least like 300mg probably

Daddy

Benadryl works better when mixed with DXM or alcohol.

Daddy

also i've never tried that

however

do not mix dxm and alcohol it makes you silly

Go Up