October 05, 2024, 04:15:30 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the good, the bad, and the weird

Started by snorkel, October 26, 2009, 06:45:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/The_Good%2C_the_Bad%2C_the_Weird_film_poster.jpg[/img]

South Korean western, in true western style, but with an Asian cast and (obviously) modern film techniques. It's not a parody/remake of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, just "inspired" by it.

It has a lot of awesome cinematography, remarkably well-made action sequences, and was overall quite good... one of the better Asian movies I've seen, up there with Chan-wook Park stuff (Oldboy, etc).

Highly recommended. The director's previous movie is about a South Korean mob boss guy and is apparently also very good, so I'm downloading it.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I'll look for it.
That cover looks fantastic and the premise seems wonderful.

It's awesome that you've seen Oldboy too.

The artist formally known

Awesome. I loved pieces of Sukiyaki Western Django but I wanted something a lot better. If it's really up there with OldBoy I'll for sure take a look at it.

snorkel

Quote from: reefer on October 28, 2009, 07:58:17 AM
Awesome. I loved pieces of Sukiyaki Western Django but I wanted something a lot better. If it's really up there with OldBoy I'll for sure take a look at it.

To me it is still in the realm of popcorn movies and not legitimately amazing, moving film (like Oldboy), but it's definitely as watchable, entertaining, and visually pleasing as chan-wook park's stuff

Go Up