October 05, 2024, 04:13:48 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Yesterday "Born to Be Wild" came up on my shuffle

Started by Samus Aran, October 17, 2009, 03:33:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

And it was the weirdest thing, because I normally don't care too much for the "nostalgia" factor, but with music, it seems to be there pretty strong for me. Hearing this song made me remember back when I was 16, when I just started listening to music, and all I listened to was classic rock hits and Tenacious D. I think the reason those dull memories are so strong is that it was also the time when I asked Hensa out.

So today and last night and such, I've been listening to a playlist of stuff I used to listen to a lot, back then. It includes things like:

"Tribute" by Tenacious D
"Wild Thing" by The Troggs
"Stairway to Heaven" and "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin
"Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf
"Eight Miles High" by The Byrds
"Sleeping My Day Away" by D-A-D
"Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple
"Turning Japanese" by The Vapors
"My Sharona" by The Knack
"Angel of Harlem" by U2

and many, many more, excluding only a couple old bands i can't stand anymore (like Def Leppard)

Do you guys have anything similar? A nostalgic playlist like mine, designed to fit the tastes you used to have, long ago?

Mando Pandango

The 90s. That is all.

If you need clarification:

Spin Doctors - "Two Princes"
Matchbox Twenty - "3AM"
Third Eye Blind - "Jumper"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Under the Bridge"
Live - "Lightning Crashes"
Primitive Radio Gods - "Standing In A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand"

etc.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

the shortest route to the sea

I listened to the Beatles and B-witched until I was like 13. Then I was introduced to Arcade Fire and my world exploded in the best possible way.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 17, 2009, 04:49:32 PM
I listened to the Beatles and B-witched until I was like 13. Then I was introduced to Arcade Fire and my world exploded in the best possible way.

I listen to The Beatles considerably more than I used to but they're also sorta part of my nostalgic list.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

As much as I've changed a lot of my listening habits, I still keep up with the pieces I started listening to.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Son Of Stallion Vol.13 on October 17, 2009, 04:57:56 PM
As much as I've changed a lot of my listening habits, I still keep up with the pieces I started listening to.

I try to as well, but some things really just slide by without me noticing. Steppenwolf, Bad Company, Tenacious D, Deep Purple...they just fell massively by the wayside and it's so nice to make a list to get them back into my head.

mouse parade

My tastes haven't changed at all, but there are a few things that make me nostalgic.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Selkie

There's so many songs I listen to that have a nostalgia factor.

The thing is though, if I begin to listen to the song a lot, it sort of loses the connection with the time in my life at that point. And I begin to associate it with the now. So I try not to listen to those type of songs a lot.

YPrrrr

I used to have absolutely no musical knowledge, so I listened mostly to Will Smith, Smash Mouth, and Baha Men

Yes, Baha Men

sans culottes

I support BUSH

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up