September 22, 2024, 09:31:00 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Flaming Lips to cover Dark Side of the Moon

Started by Placebo Headwound, October 16, 2009, 11:11:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

burzumfan420

idk my faves always changes, but after wish you were here i dont really like(except a few songs on the wall)

i hadnt listen to any of the albums post wall but i heard songs from the YOtuUEBS
and they werent too good tbh lmao

Samus Aran

yeah i don't really like the post-wall stuff much either, gilmour simply cannot write music the way waters did, although he was still pretty ballin' on the guitar, wrote some cool stuff like "learning to fly" which sounds like gilmour admitting that he can't write music so the sincerity is nice

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

How come nobody ever talks about "The Final Cut"
It's like people don't even know it exists.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpMbMC_1d5A&feature=related[/youtube]

I think it's absolutely brilliant.
The wall is about personal isolation and the struggles of Pink.
The final cut is strictly a commentary on war and the bullshitters who make the moves. It's more focused and satirical in a lot of ways.
Musically, it's fucking awesome. Recurring themes, great orchestration and wailing guitar solos at the right spots.
Really??

Samus Aran

i like the final cut a lot, it's a solid album yeah, and definitely overlooked, i don't love it though

sometimes i don't like how some songs on it sound like they are Wall outtakes, but they're still good

i've always had a soft spot for songs like fletcher memorial home, gunner's dream, and your possible pasts

it's a cool album to listen to along with the Wall, instrumentally and Roger Waters-ly similar, but lyrically different

Hiro

Quote from: Lain on November 12, 2009, 02:28:03 AM
i haven't listened to the full album in quite some time, i'll have to do that before the lips release this
It's a fairly short album, so that shouldn't be a big deal  baddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on November 12, 2009, 08:55:28 AM
It's a fairly short album, so that shouldn't be a big deal  baddood;

not really the point

pink floyd isn't something i'm usually in the mood for

Hiro

Quote from: Lain on November 12, 2009, 09:01:23 AM
not really the point

pink floyd isn't something i'm usually in the mood for
same here but it's not very challenging to just listen to a cd, even if it's not really your favorite

Samus Aran

i don't listen to something unless i want to doodthing;

Hiro

Quote from: Lain on November 12, 2009, 09:32:35 AM
i don't listen to something unless i want to doodthing;
k lol  wariodood;
I usually just play my Zune on shuffle

sans culottes

Quote from: Lain on November 12, 2009, 03:45:18 AM
yeah i don't really like the post-wall stuff much either, gilmour simply cannot write music the way waters did, although he was still pretty ballin' on the guitar, wrote some cool stuff like "learning to fly" which sounds like gilmour admitting that he can't write music so the sincerity is nice
I haven't found any wortwhile Floyd post-Wall, and I also think Learning To Fly sucks :<

Of all the PF albums I've heard, the Dark Side of the Moon is still my favorite. I'm just not very fond of covers of entire albums because, at the end of the day, it's still a lesser version of the original.
I support BUSH

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Stagger Lee on November 12, 2009, 11:43:16 PM
I haven't found any wortwhile Floyd post-Wall, and I also think Learning To Fly sucks :<

Of all the PF albums I've heard, the Dark Side of the Moon is still my favorite. I'm just not very fond of covers of entire albums because, at the end of the day, it's still a lesser version of the original.

On the turning away????

j o e i n c

other than dark side of the moon, pink floyd doesn't have an album that I can really like most of the songs on it.

Buttt the piper at the gates of dawn isnt bad. I like a couple on atom heart mother and... meddle is alright.

of course there's the wall which is pretty good. and animals sucks.

Minus;

Pink floyd had a lot of great songs...just on scattered albums usually.

Samus Aran

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: justjack on November 15, 2009, 06:23:21 AM
Pink floyd had a lot of great songs...just on scattered albums usually.

I cant disagree more and more and more and more and more etc.

Their albums are built to be listened to as a whole unit, not as an individual particle.
A lot of them dont make sense without the context of the rest of an album backing it.
They hurt from the whole ipod/itunes/shuffle way of digging tunes.

Bah.

Go Up