September 22, 2024, 09:28:48 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Flaming Lips to cover Dark Side of the Moon

Started by Placebo Headwound, October 16, 2009, 11:11:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Placebo Headwound

http://pitchfork.com/news/36828-flaming-lips-to-cover-pink-floyds-idark-side-of-the-mooni/

QuoteAccording to an L.A. Times report, the Flaming Lips are set to follow-up their life- (and death)-affirming LP Embryonic with a full-album redo of Pink Floyd's gazillion-selling 1973 psych-rock classic Dark Side of the Moon.

The Lips version of Dark Side is a collaboration with the band Stardeath and White Dwarfs (which includes Wayne Coyne's nephew Dennis Coyne as a member), and features guest spots from Henry Rollins and Peaches. It will most probably be an iTunes-only release.

The announcement was made last night during a Q&A session with fans at a MySpace show last night at L.A.'s Nike/Ricardo Montalbán Theater. (Check out photos from the gig after the jump and in the photobook here.)

Other tidbits revealed: While Embryonic was the final album of the Flaming Lips' current contract with Warner Bros., they plan on sticking with the label for future releases.

Also, the video for "Watching the Planets" features a nude Wayne Coyne (as well as a bunch of nude bikers). The internet's not ready.

God damn holy shit it's going to be awesome. I really hope they make it into their own thing like they do with some of their live covers. And not even a week after Embryonic's release. hocuspocus;

Also, while I'm at it, let's also make this an Embryonic discussion thread. wariodood;

Samus Aran

what the christ lol

can't wait to see how this works out but i can't help but be skeptical, that's some pretty goddamn sacred ground they're touching, no doubt in strange ways

mouse parade

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kaz on October 16, 2009, 11:13:23 PM
what the christ lol

can't wait to see how this works out but i can't help but be skeptical, that's some pretty goddamn sacred ground they're touching, no doubt in strange ways
I think that they're definitely going to do a damned good job of it. I just hope they don't do it exactly as the original was and add in a bunch of crazy shit to make it more like an actual Flaming Lips album, which they probably will.

Also, lol nude Wane Coyne.

Hiro

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Placebo Headwound

Samus Aran

Quote from: Stagger Lee on October 16, 2009, 11:32:36 PM
WHAT THE FUCK
do not want

you don't even like the flaming lips so why would you even care

the shortest route to the sea

THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE BEST THINGS EVER

...I'm actually a bit worried about Stardeath. They were pretty good, but they weren't great. But that won't drag the F'lips down. Peaches influence will be hilarious...I want to hear on Money. giggle;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

spaceman

Thief you bastard you stole my thread. :[

Anyways fuck yeah i cant wait.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Dullahan

Quote from: fluxus on October 17, 2009, 12:50:50 AM
Thief you bastard you stole my thread. :[
i guess that's why he calls himself that

spaceman

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I love the lips and everything, but I'm not interested in this.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up