July 08, 2024, 11:35:37 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Super Mario Bros Super Show Captain Lou Albano dies at 76

Started by StarPilot, October 14, 2009, 09:42:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

StarPilot

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176492

Quote[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/65uNCLBTje0[/youtube]Younger readers may not recognize him, but if you were a gamer or wrestling fan in the late 80s you have to know the name of Captain Lou Albano. Today we're sad to report that Albano has passed away at the age of 76. He had suffered a heart attack in 2005 and and today died under hospice care with his family present, reports Kotaku. In his time as a star, he managed more than 50 WWE champions, acted as Cyndi Lauper's father in various music videos, and portrayed Mario in the Super Mario Bros Super Show from 1989-1990. The show only ran for 16 episodes, but for those of us over the age of 25, it easily placed him as the most memorable live-action Mario.

Check out a short bit of his work from the Super Show in the video above, and feel free to get up from your chair and dance in memory of Captain Lou. Come on, it's time to go, do the Mario.

Not sure what else to add, since I actually never watched the show, but seeing as noone else has posted this yet...

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

[hedy]Zidone

the shortest route to the sea

Oh man, that's a needle in my heart. I wasn't alive then, but I saw a few reruns and I loved what he did, in a kitschy hilarious sort of way. But this just...aw dammit. >.<

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Pyrate

Classic

It's sad, really. I watched that show as a child. Every now and then I dig out the DVD set.  giggle;

Go Up