October 05, 2024, 04:17:26 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Muse's new album The Resistance

Started by just1more, October 14, 2009, 03:28:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

just1more

October 14, 2009, 03:28:13 PM Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:53:06 PM by Papa K

Have you guys listened to it yet? It's very different, but very good. They even wrote a symphony! I love how they keep experimenting with different styles. In a few songs, they actually sound a lot like Queen. Which is not a bad thing at all.

The symphony is extremely good, maybe even the best part of the album. You guys should definitely check it out.  happydood;

Mando Pandango

Checked it out.

3/10.

None of the individual songs rated above a 6/10 for me.

Loved Black Holes and Revelations, Absolution was pretty cool, did not enjoy this. Sorry.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

spaceman

They'll never be back to Origin of Symmetry level.

saddood;

sans culottes

i already made a thread about this when it came out but w/e lol

In my opinion, perhaps their best album. I love "I Belong to You", "Uprising", "United States of Eurasia", and of course, the symphony. This album is much better than Absolution, that's for sure.
I support BUSH

Selkie

Pretty good. I love some songs, like Undisclosed Desires, I Belong to You, and Resistance.

The symphony didn't really hit me. I think it's actually kind of weak.

Overall the album is pretty good/10

the shortest route to the sea

I like it well / 10

People have been hitting it pretty hard for being pretensious as hell, which is true. But I love their energy, they're clearly putting all of themselves into their work, no matter how much they steal from Queen, Thom Yorke, Jeff Buckley, etc. Beats Absolution, yeah.

Symphony is gloriously and wonderfully overdone and bombastic.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

luna

I can't decide if I like this or not.  I didn't care for Uprising when I first heard it, but it grew on me.  I guess it's the same with the rest of the album.  None of the songs really stand out to me. 

It reminds me a lot of Queen, which I like, but I'd rather have a more usual Muse cd rather than trying to be different and try to do something new.

Go Up