October 05, 2024, 04:15:20 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Mountain Goats on Colbert tonight

Started by Mando Pandango, October 07, 2009, 04:00:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

Definitive proof that Colbert has fantastic taste in music. The only band he's had on that I haven't enjoyed was The Apples In Stereo.

For those who aren't aware, his other acts include:

Rush
TV on the Radio
The Decemberists
Movits!
The Flaming Lips

Am I forgetting anyone?
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Geno

He had Green Day on once but they played a shitty song
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Mando Pandango

Quote from: GENOP on October 07, 2009, 04:53:54 AM
That's probably why I forgot about them.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

burzumfan420

YPrrrr

Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam came on the show and was very good. Nas also made a performance

Not really bands, but still, musical acts

Mando Pandango

Mountain Goats guy is not a very good singer live.

Geno

geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

YPrrrr

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on October 07, 2009, 05:32:51 AM
Mountain Goats guy is not a very good singer live.
He wasn't much of a performer either... He looked so awkward

Wrench

Quote from: GENOP on October 07, 2009, 04:53:54 AM

I actually liked their performance on the show. Would have been cooler to have them play East Jesus Nowhere though.
Quote from: burzumfan420 on October 07, 2009, 05:05:40 AM
green day use to rull

Don't you like the new album?

Geno

Quote from: Wrench on October 07, 2009, 07:29:35 PM
I actually liked their performance on the show. Would have been cooler to have them play East Jesus Nowhere though
Know your Enemy pisses me off whenever I hear it for some reason.  doodthing;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: GENOP on October 07, 2009, 07:32:22 PM
Know your Enemy pisses me off whenever I hear it for some reason.  doodthing;
It's not a bad song, it just has almost no lasting appeal. I think of most Green Day songs that way, though. The only one I can think of that hasn't really worn off for me is Welcome to Paradise.

Wrench

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on October 07, 2009, 07:37:26 PM
It's not a bad song, it just has almost no lasting appeal.

Mark it down. I agree with you here completely.

I even kind of have that with the band. I'll listen to them a whole lot for a week than just a song or two every few days. Lately, I've been more into The Living End, Rise Against, and Paramore. I go through cycles, its weird.

Geno

Quote from: Wrench on October 07, 2009, 09:32:43 PM
Mark it down. I agree with you here completely.

I even kind of have that with the band. I'll listen to them a whole lot for a week than just a song or two every few days. Lately, I've been more into The Living End, Rise Against, and Paramore. I go through cycles, its weird.
It's called expanding your taste

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: YPR on October 07, 2009, 08:02:53 AM
He wasn't much of a performer either... He looked so awkward
I thought it was pretty well known that they aren't very good performers. wariodood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on October 07, 2009, 10:04:45 PM
I thought it was pretty well known that they aren't very good performers. wariodood;
I thought they weren't that well known so I wouldn't think their mannerisms were so well known, but I could be wrong

Go Up