October 05, 2024, 03:47:19 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So fall's here.

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, October 03, 2009, 09:23:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Chill tinged air and exploding trees and warm clothes and apples.
Dig it.
So, along with pulling out the sweaters and putting away the fans and a.c., it's about time to curb certain summer listening habits and fall into the autumn trend.
Any specific artists you reconnect with?

I usually end up saturating myself in dylan. Nothing goes better by the fireside on a brisk fall camping trip then a handful of Bob's tin pan vocals and loopy, illuminating lyrics.

On the very other end of the spectrum, I usually go back into a ween drenched swing.
They were the first band since the beatles that I absolutely obsessed over, and they seem to fit right into the pre-winter groove with their heaps and heaps of brown, soupy, and occasionally neon colored fog.

YPrrrr

I've been listening to ELO and a whole slew of older artists... Ray Charles, the Temptations, Louis Armstrong, etc. etc.

Hiro

I listen to all the same artists all year round, so not really.
Ween giggle;

Dullahan

Oh man, I love the autumn.

I usually start getting into some techno and rap. Anything that is electronic and motivates me I usually listen to. I also listen to a bit of funk as well.

the shortest route to the sea

I'm an all-year kind of gal, but winter has this aspect of claustraphobia for me, so I end up listening to a lot more really evocative and sad stuff. Cinematic Orchestra, Le Loup, Arcade Fire, etc.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Commander Fuckass

Dont know bout you guys but i like to read a whole lot more in the fall/winter
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

sans culottes

My music habits aren't connected to seasons, mainly because in Texas we have four months of somewhat cold weather and eight months of summer. But, there are artists I do associate with seasons. For fall and winter, Simon & Garfunkel is great. Really, just about anything relaxed and soft.

I'd have to agree with the choice of Dylan. The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan might as well be the best album for autumn and winter.
I support BUSH

burzumfan420

i amma listen to nick drake and spacemen 3

Go Up