October 02, 2024, 05:26:27 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sleep deprivation is silly

Started by Samus Aran, September 24, 2009, 11:41:22 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I didn't sleep last night, and only briefly slept the night before. As you can imagine, I'm feeling rather disoriented by now. I was just in my fiction class, which was only an hour and fifteen minutes long, but it felt like it was more like four hours long. Seriously, it's like every little thing dragged itself out as much as possible, and it was great. I don't even remember some parts of it, but I know it was all a blast. I mean it was partly because it was a really good discussion, but god damn I just don't know how to describe it...everrything was funnier, everything everyone else said was smarter, and most of all everything just moved slower and meant more to me.

I feel so strange right now. And this isn't even close to how bad I've depried myself of sleep in the past, but for some raeson I've never felt quite like this before.

I can't even read what i just wrote, everything is blurry. This is so weird.

famy

you sound like you need to do some drugs

Nyerp

Socks

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Yeah, I'm just getting over bronchitis and doc gave me some medication that got me really hoppy and restless.
Over a two day span I got maybe three hours of sleep total.
More like mood swing-y stuff for me. At times I'd be euphoric, but others I'd just feel disgustingly overwhelmed and tripped out. I went to a movie with my girlfriend and I had to get up at least three times to walk around, as if my head was going to explode.  Things I normally love were making me paranoid, like certain songs and images.

It could have more to do with the drugs though.
I"m off them now and feeling sane again.

Mando Pandango

If you deprive yourself of sleep long enough, your brain will realize that you're not getting enough sleep and go into REM sleep quicker, so that you require less sleep.

So keep it up.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

??????

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on September 24, 2009, 02:26:05 PM
If you deprive yourself of sleep long enough, your brain will realize that you're not getting enough sleep and go into REM sleep quicker, so that you require less sleep.

So keep it up.
You and your dangerous logic.  happydood;

Also whenever I don't sleep for days I tend to become extremely hyper and tend to say anything that's in my mind and giggle/laugh a lot. People often question me if I've been doing weed.

the shortest route to the sea

I need a lot more sleep than most people, but I'm able to function on a basic level without it, in almost any circumstances. The cost is depression and lack of ability to do anything difficult / feel good about myself. It's just awful. I can't get behind on my work, though...

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

snorkel

I love being extremely sleep deprived and on 600mg+ of caffeine (necessary to keep me awake), it makes things go fast while you remain slow

j o e i n c

only time that's happened to me i was in a car
i looked at my jeans and no shit the wrinkles on them looked like a giraffe, and then a rhino, etc etc

spaceman

Quote from: wziard on September 24, 2009, 08:25:50 PM
I love being extremely sleep deprived and on 600mg+ of caffeine (necessary to keep me awake), it makes things go fast while you remain slow

I love doing that, but with crack cocaine.

rdl

sleep deprivation ruins lives

DONT DO IT THE POWER OF GOD

Hiro

I almost always stay up until at least 1am, sometimes 2 or 3.  akudood;
I really like waking up at like 4 or 5 though, it just feels so nice.  happydood;

snorkel

Quote from: fluxus on September 24, 2009, 09:34:03 PM
I love doing that, but with crack cocaine.

I know right

nothing like a little crack in the morning

Samus Aran

so i slept a little bit

now i feel even weirder

Go Up