October 05, 2024, 08:27:28 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

anime... on Disney XD

Started by Sam, September 23, 2009, 01:02:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

As if Disney didn't own enough of an empire, Disney XD officially owns the 4Kids dubbing of the Naruto Shippuden.

what the fuck?

anyway, thoughts?
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Samus Aran

oh thank the lord, i thought you were using the emote "XD" in the title of this thread at first

I have a feeling this mass of Disney acquisitions has actually been a regular occurrence and it's only just recently that people started paying attention to it.

Thoughts? I'm not surprised. That's all I can really say.

sans culottes

Well, Naruto is pretty awful anyways. But what really striked me about this is the "XD" part. Ever since the internet, I can never read "XD" the same.
I support BUSH

Sam

Quote from: Kaz on September 23, 2009, 01:05:03 PM
oh thank the lord, i thought you were using the emote "XD" in the title of this thread at first

I have a feeling this mass of Disney acquisitions has actually been a regular occurrence and it's only just recently that people started paying attention to it.

Thoughts? I'm not surprised. That's all I can really say.

Oh no, Disney has been aquiring things left and right for years. But this is, for the most part, the first anme they've shown. Hell, Disney doesn't even show Studio Ghibli movies on their channels.  A lot of people are freaking out because they think it's going to open the doors for Disney to start acquiring other animes... and in turn that will make 4 chan have the power to do more kiddie dubs.

Personally, I don't think the show will do well on Disney though. The people watching Shippuden will mostly be the people who already know Naruto. And the people who know it have either watched it on Cartoon Network or watched it online. The people who watched it online aren't going to watch it on Disney. Naruto did not do particularly well on CN. Consequently, I really don't see how the show will survive on a Disney channel. But whatever.

Cookie

Didn't Disney buy Marvel recently also?
They seem to be buying things left and right....

Sam

Quote from: Cookie on September 23, 2009, 02:07:56 PM
They seem to be buying things left and right....

Quote from: Sam on September 23, 2009, 01:11:08 PM
Oh no, Disney has been acquiring things left and right for years.

sans culottes

Disney also owns ESPN.

Disney's an evil empire. The only thing that can stop Disney is another empire. I sure hope Google conquers the world, because their world would be a lot better than Disney's.
I support BUSH

Daddy

Quote from: coz on September 23, 2009, 02:20:14 PM
Disney also owns ESPN.

Disney's an evil empire. The only thing that can stop Disney is another empire. I sure hope Google conquers the world, because their world would be a lot better than Disney's.
GOOGLE STOLE MY 400 DOLLARS

Also, wtf is up with XD

Disney XD
Pokemon XD

aren't there also a few other animus and games with xd?

Samus Aran

Quote from: coz on September 23, 2009, 02:20:14 PM
Disney also owns ESPN.

I'm pretty sure Google's conglomerate isn't even close to the size or wealth of Disney's.

strongbad

Quote from: Kaz on September 23, 2009, 01:05:03 PM

My exact reaction to this thread.
But yeah i guess the majority of the younger kids are into that stuff (my brother ahh) so i guess it is a good move on disneys part.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Sam

Quote from: JMV on September 23, 2009, 03:12:34 PM
GOOGLE STOLE MY 400 DOLLARS

Also, wtf is up with XD

Disney XD
Pokemon XD

aren't there also a few other animus and games with xd?

There's a sonic DX, does that count?

KonohaShinobi

lol people still watch the anime let alone care about the dub of Shippuden?

So, I'm not sure, but in the US, did they dub all of those filler episodes that transition into Shippuden? I remember they did a quarter or so of them, then CN just stopped showing them after Toonami died.

I don't see a problem with Disney showing anime. If Disney advertises the hell out of it, tons of american fans will watch Naruto regardless of it's location. I think it's better that it's on Disney XD anyway, Disney XD is more consistent than CN. CN doesn't really show anime anymore outside of Adult Swim's extremely slim pickings of Bleach (What the fuck, Nell's voice, the Arrancar do not sound quite right either, but that's for another thread) , so someone has to pick up the torch, until the Anime Network becomes national and Comcast stops being a bitch about charging for it ($3 for one episode of D-Grayman, I don't think so).

sans culottes

Quote from: Kaz on September 23, 2009, 04:54:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Google's conglomerate isn't even close to the size or wealth of Disney's.
Of course it isn't.

But with the way they've been going, one day, perhaps one day, our Googlian overlords will conquer the world.  baddood;
I support BUSH

Go Up