October 05, 2024, 03:52:53 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

yerAYYYYYY-SIA!

Started by sans culottes, September 23, 2009, 12:50:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

It seems that everyone has heard the new Muse album here, but there's no thread for it. What did you think of the album and what are your favorite songs?

I've actually only gotten into Muse recently, but after listening to all of their albums, I think that the Resistance could possibly be their best. Their fisrt three albums really failed to take my interest (except Origin of Symmetry, a damn fine record). My favorite songs from this are United States of Eurasia and I Belong To You. I'm a little bit ticked that I Belong To You is going to be in the new Twilight movie.
I support BUSH

Nate

In the new Twilight movie, its going to be a remix of I Belong To You if I remember correctly.

Daddy

Quote from: Nate on September 23, 2009, 02:26:03 PM
In the new Twilight movie, its going to be a remix of I Belong To You if I remember correctly.
Why do they have to be in Twilight? :'(

Now if I go to a Muse concert there will be hundreds of vampire obsessed retarded fat chicks. :'( :'( :'(

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: JMV on September 23, 2009, 02:43:19 PM

Now if I go to a Muse concert there will be hundreds of vampire obsessed retarded fat chicks. :'( :'( :'(
Seriously, the hell is up with Twilight soundtracks?

I mean, the movies are targeted at the typical teenage girl but the soundtracks are full of great indie bands that none of the girls seeing that movie would ever know. doodhuh;

Daddy

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on September 23, 2009, 02:48:15 PM
Seriously, the hell is up with Twilight soundtracks?

I mean, the movies are targeted at the typical teenage girl but the soundtracks are full of great indie bands that none of the girls seeing that movie would ever know. doodhuh;
MuteMath;_;
Iron & Wine ;_;

and oh god, second movie:

Lykke Li;___;
Muse;___;
Bon Iver;___;
Thom Yorke ;____;
Grizzly Bear;____;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I've given it two listens so far. First time I hated it.
Second time was more enjoyable, but I dont love it or anything. 
The three part exogenesis symphony at the end was wonderful though. By far my favorite part.
It might grow on me, but maybe not.

Mando Pandango

Returning back to the original topic:

Initial impressions: 4/10. If you guys make me, I'll go back and listen to the whole thing but my hopes are not high.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

the shortest route to the sea

I guess I'll acquire it once I finish with the new Islands album, which really takes priority.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

sans culottes

Quote from: JMV on September 23, 2009, 02:43:19 PM

Apparently, Supermassive Black Hole is on the soundtrack to the first Twilight movie. Just be glad they're not using one of Muse's more appealing songs, like Starlight. I love Starlight, but I know for sure that if it was in Twilight, it'd really hook those fangirls to it.

Also, yeah, my first impression of this album was week. But that's how I am with almost every album I like - the first listen doesn't really get me, but the second or third try makes me love it.
I support BUSH

strongbad

It was all right. Absolution is still my favorite album by far, but this one is good. I like MK Ultra. Cool song.

sans culottes

Quote from: GUOB on September 23, 2009, 09:42:01 PM
It was all right. Absolution is still my favorite album by far, but this one is good. I like MK Ultra. Cool song.

I can't understand the appeal of Absolution. There's not enough variety among the songs, and the sound they use on just about every song is only half-interesting. It's not a bad album, but I much prefer Muse's experimental approaches to Black Holes and the Resistance.
I support BUSH

strongbad

probably because the album art is cool

burzumfan420

Quote from: Ensign Halibar on September 23, 2009, 03:06:41 PM
MuteMath;_;
Iron & Wine ;_;

and oh god, second movie:

Lykke Li;___;
Muse;___;
Bon Iver;___;
Thom Yorke ;____;
Grizzly Bear;____;

teenage girls listens to most of thos bands lmao

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: burzumfan420 on September 25, 2009, 08:49:04 PM
teenage girls listens to most of thos bands lmao
I wish to find these girls. baddood;

the shortest route to the sea

I acquired it ( :3 ) and I'm actually pretty impressed. I haven't gotten very far, but Uprising, Resistence, and Eurasia are pretty amazing cuts. I'm hearing the classical influence a bit, and I guess that enhances the experience. It's not as amazing as their other stuff, but I mean I'm very, very impressed!

We'll see what happens when we get farther, and then to exogenesis.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up